Linda Savage-Jones Reg.MBACP.
Sometimes life throws up situations that cause distress and unhappiness and they may seem impossible to understand or cope with. It’s times like this that counselling can be helpful and supportive. I offer you a safe confidential space to explore the issues which are bothering you. My philosophy is that it is only you who knows how you feel and think but I am able to bring skills that can help you make sense of what’s happening for you and we can explore the best way for you to move forward and hopefully find peace of mind.
I am a Registered Qualified Therapeutic Counsellor for young people and adults.
I am also a counselling co-ordinator for the Youth Enquiry Service in High Wycombe
I provide psychotherapy in a confidential, safe and secure environment for adults and young people alike.
My favored modality is Person Centred Therapy which is client led and it is a gentle way of enabling my clients to move toward a more positive way of being and therefore to a more fulfilled way of life.
As well as working with adults and covering a wide range of issues, I have extensive experience in working with young people (12+), teenagers and young adults at a youth agency in addition to counselling in a school.
Some children and young people find life so overwhelming they may suffer anxiety attacks or try to withdraw from family and friends. At this time counselling can help them explore their feelings and may enable them to acquire positive coping strategies that will remain with them through life.
I am experienced in counselling the following issues:
- Irrational Thoughts
- Self harm
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse
- School refusal
- Relationship issues
- Low self worth
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Certificate of Proficiency .Voluntry Professional Register.
Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Therapeutic Counselling.
Certificate in Counselling Skills.
I regularly undertake CPD training courses and workshops which have included the following:
- Psychology: (one year course) giving a broad base of knowledge and practical skills in psychology with a special emphasis on families and relationships.
- Sexual Exploitation and Internet Safety Training
- Into the Light (Impact of Child Sexual Abuse on Adults)
- Working with Families
- Enabling children and young people to develop and sustain positive self –esteem.
- Developing and understanding resilience
- Play Therapy ( workshop)
- Papyrus workshop. (Suicidal thoughts and intentions)
- Karma Nirvana (An informative talk on honour based abuse and forced marriage.)
- Neuro Linguistic Programing
- Sexual Health Training
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am bound by and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I hold a full Professional Liability Insurance and Public liability insurance Hold a clear enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check and a
Safe guarding certificate Level 2
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
What I offer.
I offer a calm confidential space for you to be listened to because I believe each of us deserve to be listened to in a confidential non-judgmental way.
The way in which I work is Person Centred,
- Only you are aware of the depths of the feelings that are causing you distress, therefore:
- We will work at pace that suits you and I will bring skills to help you address the issues that are bothering you.
- You and I will work together with those feelings and anxieties in a gentle but positive way.
I offer an initial session free of charge so that you can find out more about how I work and get a feel for whether counselling feels the right decision for you at this time. This session allows us to talk about what is going on for you and discuss what you hope to gain from counselling and allows us to experience working together.
If you decide that you would like to start counselling there are two ways in which we can work together:
- We can have an open-ended arrangement on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
- Agree a number of sessions also on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
We will find the best way which works for you.
I have both day-time and evening appointments available.
After the first session, which I have mentioned above, I charge £40 for a full hour on a day and time which will be convenient for both of us and there may be reductions for those receiving benefits.
The Youth Enquiry Service
Phone : 07412 849613
The Youth Enquiry Service is situated in the town of High Wycombe which has excellent transport links for buses and trains. The office is situated close to a multistorey carpark and also a supermarket carpark which is free for three hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday. and some evenings.
Types of client