Linda Lord, MA ( Couns. & Psych.), MBACP (Accredited)
Couples and relationship counselling is the area in which I specialise(Couples £60per hour..Individuals £40 per hour)
Relationships are fundamentally important to us all, yet can be so difficult to get right!!
The nature of your long term relationships can define the quality of your life, incuding your physical and emotional wellbeing, and so time spent working on relationship issues and finding workable solutions is very worthwhile.
Constant conflict and disagreements take their toll...making life feel stressful and exhausting...which may lead to anxiety and depression, and ultimately cause relationships to struggle and fail...if not addressed.
Serious disruption and loss (or fear of loss) of significant relationships, such as occurs through separation or divorce, can be deeply distressing, especially in family situations where there are children, and may have a harmful and lasting impact on all those involved.
I can help you take an open and honest look at your relationships, both current and past, with the aim of identifying and understand problem areas and unhelpful patterns, and working towards minimising/repairing damage, and establishing improved relationships with partners or family members throughout life.
Often it seems too difficult to look at issues as they arise, for fear of "upsetting the applecart"..and so they are typically brushed under the carpet, sometimes for years, until they accumulate and start to become destructive to the health of the relationship, driving a wedge between partners, making the relationship feel empty, unfulfilling and devoid of real emotional connection.
Treading on eggshells around one another can be exhausting and stressful...unable to talk honestly to one another for fear of starting an argument or being dismissed, leads to communication closing down.
Many couples use the sessions as a forum where issues can be aired safely in a way which promotes understanding and healing...and lasting beneficial change.
Together we will look at:
- Current relationship issues.
- Communication style.
- Areas of conflict.
- Physical and emotional needs.
- Unhelpful behaviour patterns.
- Relationship history..including early family relationships.
- Ways of achieving a more satisfying and enriching relationship together.
Looking after your emotional and psychological wellbeing is just as important as looking after your physical health..
Current research shows a very strong link between emotional distress and physical illness...
Prolonged stress has a detrimental impact, release of cortisol, adrenaline and other stress hormones eventually take their toll and have a harmful effect on our overall wellbeing..
Getting things out in the open is essential and beneficial...allowing you to explore and make sense of your current situation and what is troubling you....giving you a better perspective and enabling you to gain fresh insight into, and to work through, anything in your life which is causing you distress.
Counselling provides you with a space where you can examine any difficulties you are experincing, in order to make sense of how they have evolved...and how they can be addressed in a helpful way.
I maintain a flexible, open approach with an interactive, robust and sometimes challenging way of working.
I encourage you to consider yourself as a research project, exploring every aspect of your experience, thoughts and behaviours, in order to gain a deeper understanding of your inner self and any unhelpful behaviour patterns or habits which may be holding you back.
- I am respectful, and interested in all human experience as I believe that we can learn from adversity, and more importantly, from one another. Being able to talk openly and confidentially can start to unblock feelings which you may have been keeping inside for a long time. Sometimes this process can be difficult, but this is to be expected and is usually beneficial in the long run....in fact it can be a very enlightening and enriching experience.
- Ongoing professional development: I am currently reviewing research on nature/nurture on psychological development..facillitated by University of Liverpool.
- FEES: Individuals: £40per hour.
- Couples: £60 per hour.
- I offer evening and werkend appointments.
E-MAIL SERVICE: You may prefer to discuss your issues by e-mail...the fee for this is £20 per response..which will be a full examination of your situation.
TELEPHONE SESSIONS: Speak to me on the phone if you prefer...this costs £25 for 40min session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Arts Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (research based)
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Chiltern Thames BAPCA Cert in Couples Work.
- Accredited Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Accred.)
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Member of AUCC (Association of University and College Counsellors)
- Certificate in Supervision of Counselling Practice (Open College Network)
Experienced in all areas of counselling / psychotherapy work.
I am also an OCN (Open College Network) qualified Supervisor, and work with trainee counsellors.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Suicidal thinking and real despair...please contact me...
Photos & videos
£40 per hour for individuals.
£60 per hour for couples.
Please let me know by phone/text as soon as possible if you cannot make a scheduled appointment...I do not charge for cancellations...thank you.
I work from a venue in the heart of Beaconsfield Old town, which is centrally located, easy to find and has ample free parking.
I also see clients in my shepherds hut which is located at Penn Meadow Farm...between Beaconsfield and Penn..ask me if you would like to meet at this location...
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to trainee counsellor/psychotherapists at a rate of £35 for a 1.5 hour monthly session.View supervision profile