Linda Kenward (MBACP) Integrative Counsellor - Evening appointments available
My name is Linda and I specialise work with individuals who are experiencing anxiety, stress, depression, bereavement and those going through difficult life circumstances or changes. I also have specific expertise in counselling those who have experienced trauma or had difficult experiences in the healthcare settings.
I offer Havening Techniques for trauma, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and can accommodate Skype, telephone or face-to-face sessions.
Please access the site below for more information on Havening.
I work from a person-centred approach, utilising both Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behavioural approaches as a Integrative counsellor.I am currently undertaking a doctorate looking at the experiences of clients who have been harmed by healthcare.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a trained counsellor registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). My core training is in Person-Centred counselling, Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Since completing my core training in Integrative Counselling I have undertaken further personal and professional development including:
- Havening Techniques for trauma, anxiety, depression and self esteem issues - basic training completed and am now working towards accreditation.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Post Graduate Certificate from the University of Cumbria. Work with clients who have anxiety, depression, PTSD.
- Currently undertaking a doctorate in Integrative Counselling looking at psychological support for those who have had a traumatic or difficult experience in a healthcare setting
- I regularly update my skills by attending workshops and training days in a range of techniques.
- Specialist training from CRUSE Bereavement Care in counselling for bereavement and trauma.
I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework when working with clients. More information on this can be found at http://www.bacp.co.uk/
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Difficult or traumatic health care experiences
A 50 minute face-to face session costs £40 for individuals.
A 50 minutes Skype session is £35 per session
Payment can be made by cash, cheque or via internet banking.
You can cancel via email or by contacting me through the website if you need to. Fees will be payable if less than 12 hours notice is provided.
I work evenings and Saturday mornings Please let me know what your preferred time/day is and I will do my best to fit you in.
I work from Cumbria Therapies in Carlisle. Full address will be provided at the time of booking a face to face session.
Skype/Telephone sessions can be in the evening or at weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and Saturday mornings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|