Linda Hardy: Hardy Therapy and Workshops. MSc. MBACP.
151 West George Street
07474 605 180
We all need to talk things through sometimes.
Having a safe space - 'just for me', can be a good solution. Counselling allows you to communicate whatever is on your mind, and the process helps enable you to understand yourself and your situation better. You can discover new tools and coping strategies that will assist you in the future.
You can talk to me in confidence about whatever is troubling you. I am approachable and friendly, and I shall do my best to help you feel safe and at ease throughout our time together.
Experience and Qualifications
I am a qualified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist with a Masters degree, and I can therefore help you to understand your thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions about whatever is troubling you.
A few of the areas I am experienced in working with
I was a Senior Counsellor within a bereavement service for 4 years, and also worked with Carers, whose main role is caring for a loved one.
I worked in a drug and alcohol treatment service for 2 years.
I work with stress, anxiety, fear, procrastination, low mood or depression, confidence and self belief issues.
As a "Life Coach". If you want to pursue a goal or objective in life, but there are obstacles in your way, then I can help you to understand the obstacles, and assist you to move forward successfully in life.
As a Registered Member with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, I abide by their ethical guidelines at all times.
Where I am based
I work in a bright, comfortable room at 151 West George Street, just a few minutes walk from both Central Station and Queen Street. It's in the Regus Business Centre, located right next door to the Wetherspoons pub and restaurant.
There is a spacious lift, and my room is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Further details about me and my approach to my work are available on my website at www.hardytherapy.com
Please feel free to ask any questions you have about counselling, and what you could expect during our time together.
Thank you for checking out my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from the University of London.
- As a counsellor, it is a requirement for all of us to have 'Supervision'. This means we talk through our work with a qualified expert, enabling us to be the best practitioner we can possibly be. I was supervised for 4 years under a 'humanistic' framework. (looking at all aspects of one self and life experiences to enable growth and well-being).
- 4 years experience as a Senior Counsellor working with bereaved clients and Carers
- 2 years experience as a counsellor in a drug and alcohol recovery service.
- Certificate in Counselling and Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Various Continued Professional Development Courses, including: Using and teaching Mindfulness tools and techniques; Complicated Grief; Caring For The Caregiver.
- Wrote and presented workshops and seminars to a range of teams, including: Understanding hoarding behaviour; Understanding co-dependent relationships; Using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy tools and techniques every day; Understanding and working with suicidal people.
- Prior to qualifying as a Therapist: for approximately 15 years, I worked for a major homelessness organisation in London. Working in various projects, I provided a service to clients with a range of social, psychological and mental health needs to aid independent living in the community. Also worked with street homeless clients to aid a move forward into accommodation.
- BA (Hons) Politics with Development Studies from Sussex University (graduated 1996)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Drug abuse
- Feeling sad
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Exam stress
It is important that you feel safe and comfortable with your counsellor. I offer a free half-hour, initial consultation. This can enable you to meet me to ask any questions you may have; before taking time to decide if it feels right for you.
Sessions are £40 thereafter, and each session is 50 minutes in duration.
If you are on a lower income, I can take this into consideration, and offer a reduced fee.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently taking referrals. I offer a flexible approach and can consider early evening appointments.
Types of client