Linda Boutet (Dip.) MBACP
Feeling lost, unhappy or lonely is part of human experience - the journey to happiness, connectedness and empowerment is an empowering and utterly unique experience . My style of therapy is very gentle as I connect with my clients on a totally individual basis - valuing individuality and empowering you to find your way to happiness and a sense of being comfortable in the world.
With 25 years experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist, I believe that we can all benefit from talking to someone when we experience difficult times in our lives. From an early age, we are taught to speak but counsellors have been taught to listen, and it is in the listening and non-judgemental acceptance of You as a person that the counselling relationship empowers You.
Talking really does help, and sessions take place in a relaxed environment where you can feel completely at ease.
My approach is grounded, gentle and sincere.
My professional training began in 1989, and I am a full member of the BACP
(British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
I have trained in psychodynamic, psychoanalytic and integrative therapy; this includes cognitive (thinking) techniques, positive relaxation and guided imagery.
I am naturally Person Centered in my approach.
How I work
- Integrative ~ Working using a variety of approaches depending on the client and nature of the problem.
- Psychodynamic ~ Working with feelings and processes that are out of our everyday awareness.
- Cognitive Behavioural ~ Working with Thinking (Cognitive) & Behaviour: This approach facilitates greater awareness and insight into our patterns of thinking and how they influence our everyday behaviour.
My work is confidential and I adhere to the BACP code of ethics
Coping without support can be very difficult and sometimes a few sessions can help to ease the pain by sharing the experience. This is often referred to as time limited counselling.
Counselling can help to throw light on new ways of thinking and by doing so, we can discover new ways of coping with situations we find difficult.
No matter how bad you may feel, you can talk about it. Truly.
I encourage you to be gentle with yourself.
Thank you for stopping by.
Training, qualifications & experience
BCTA - The British Counselling Training Association
Diploma: Integrative Counselling
LCP - The London Centre for Psychotherapy
Foundation Year: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
WPF - Westminster Pastoral Foundation, London
Cert. Pastoral Counselling
The Tavistock & Portman Clinic, London
Working with Depression & Anxiety
Counselling Young People in the Digital Age
Primary Care Counselling (NHS)
Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy Approaches & Mindfulness
Cert. Supervision & Ethical Practice
Couples in Therapy - 'A Positive Approach'
Freedom from Fear and Anxiety
The Royal Free Hospital, London
In-Service Training ( Mental Health)
Behavioral Psychology & Working with Phobia's
Beat Bullying, London
Cert. Online Counselling (Young People)
Safeguarding & Child Protection
Cert. Child Development, Child Protection & Safeguarding
Empowering Service Users ( Mental Health)
Wornington College, London
Degree (Level 5)
Transpersonal Psychology & Counselling in the Community
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Personal & Spiritual Development
- Coping with Change
- Body Image
- Women's Issues
- Compulsive Behaviors: Shopping, Internet etc
Photos & videos
- £40per 50 minute session - Individual
- £40per 50 minute session via Skype
- Email Sessions available on request
- Introductory Session - £20
Member of The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
MBACP (Children & Young People)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|