078 57 47 87 66
Hello, my name's Lis and I'm an integrative psychotherapist / counsellor.
I have trained in a range of therapeutic approaches, and develop a way of working with you that is most appropriate to your individual needs and experiences.
As a therapist, I offer:
- a genuine desire to help, and to learn about you and the difficulties you are facing.
- a therapeutic alliance based on acceptance and respect.
- the ability to listen carefully and patiently, and to respond empathically and with sensitivity, in order to support you in managing or dealing with the difficulties in your life.
- a willingness to adapt my approach to suit your uniqueness as a person with your own distinctive needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Prior to setting up my private practice I worked as a counsellor at the Parenting project for four years. I have also worked as a counsellor for Age UK, as a domestic violence support worker with Victim Support, and as a primary school teacher.
I have worked with people of different ages, experiencing a whole range of emotional difficulties. Rather than attempt to list them all, I feel it's more relevant to say that I view each client I work with as an individual, not as a set of symptoms or a label. One person's experience of something is not the same as another person's. I aim to listen to your unique story and understand your experiences and needs.
- BSc Psychology (2004)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (2005)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (2008)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (2015)
- I am currently working towards an MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
I charge £40 per 50 minute session.
The initial consultation, lasting up to 1 hour, is charged at £10 which goes towards room hire.
You can find out a bit more about me and what I do by visiting my website. Please do get in touch if you have any questions or would like any further details. I'm happy to chat over phone, or via text or email, without any obligation for you to make any further commitments.
If you decide you'd like to meet with me face to face we can arrange an initial consultation, after which you can take as much time as needed to decide whether you would like to work with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|