I offer 1-1 talking therapy, art therapy, and group work, as well as Family Based Treatment for people with eating disorders.
I have experience with children, adolescents, and adults. While 'talking therapy' is helpful for some, art therapy is especially good for children and adolescents, or those who struggle to find the words to describe their feelings. Whether I am working with individuals, couples or families, I strive to help people work through the blocks in their lives in a gentle non-threatening way.
I am also available to offer supervision to other therapists.
Training, qualifications & experience
1. Art Psychotherapy. PGDip (Masters level). Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh.
2. Member of British Association of Art Therapists. (BAAT)
3. Member of Health & Care Professions Council. (HCPC)
4. Group Analytic training (advanced level). Glasgow.
5. British Association of Art Therapists Supervision training. London.
6. NES (NHS) Supervision training. Aberdeen.
7. Mentalisation Based Treatment training. Anna Freud Centre.
8. Family Based Treatment training. Dundee.
9. Interpersonal Therapy training. Aberdeen.
I have lectured and offered presentations on Art therapy, and Family Based Treatment, at conferences and in workshop sessions throughout my time working in the NHS.
1. I've worked with children, running art groups, as well as doing 1-1 art therapy. Royal Aberdeen Childrens Hospital, Aberdeen.
2. I have worked with adolescents, doing individual art therapy. Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen.
3. I was the Art Psychotherapist in the Garden Villa Therapeutic Community at Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen for ten years.
* Also involved in the Psychodrama group in the TC.
* Co-therapist in a Group Analytic therapy small group.
4. I was the Art Psychotherapist in the Eden Unit, Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen.
* Delivering family therapy Family Based Treatment for patients with eating disorders.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
Face to face: £45.00 an hour. (Please note: A psychotherapeutic hour is 50 minutes long)
Families/Groups: By negotiation.
Supervision for therapists: By negotiation.
I work with all sorts of problems... family issues, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, loss, fear, as well as some of the more complicated issues clients might present with.
Please feel free to contact me with your concerns, and I will do my best to help you find what you need.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client