Lesley Saunders, PG Dip. Counselling, MBACP
Pen-y-bont Ar Ogwr
07540933235 / 07540933235
How counselling can help
At times we may come across difficulties in our lives and feel overwhelmed by our emotions. Most of us try to manage stressful times but often it helps to talk about our thoughts and feelings with a professional counsellor in a safe, non-judgemental space. Counselling can help provide a space to make meaningful connections, resulting in a greater sense of worth.
I am a warm and approachable person. I am able to offer a confidential and safe environment to explore how you are feeling and what is happening for you right now in your life. We will work together looking at thoughts and feelings. I work using an integrative approach, such as CBT, Humanistic and psychodynamic. I will aim to work with feelings that are present in the moment, often bringing mindfulness into sessions if clients are open to this.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) 2015 -University of South Wales (Newport)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Skills 2013 - University of South Wales (Newport)
- I am a BACP registered counsellor. Registration number - 218733
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
£35 per1 hour session for adults.
£35 per 1 hour session for children and young people.
£25 per hour for students who are training to become counsellors, where personal therapy is a requirement of the course.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client