Dr Lelanie Smook CPsychol
Solihull Wellbeing Clinic 15 Highfield Road
St. Martins Church
I recognise it can often be a difficult decision starting therapy. Please read about my experience to check if I could be the right therapist to support you. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
I am a Chartered Psychologist offering psychological support to individuals and couples. I hold extensive experience in supporting clients with the psychological impact of long term health conditions such as chronic pain, cardiac or stroke related concerns as well as renal problems, cancer or chronic fatigue syndrome.
I also have much experience in supporting adults living with everyday psychological concerns including low mood, depression, anxiety, stress, panic, low motivation, bereavement, loss and fatigue.
I am also able to support individual survivors of abuse or trauma.
I am registered with the HCPC and the BPS.I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns via telephone, to ensure I am the best person to help with your concerns.
Training, qualifications & experience
- HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
- BPS registration as a Chartered Psychologist
- Practitioner Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (Wolverhampton University)
- Motivational interviewing (SDS)
- ACT for physical health conditions (Birmingham University CPD training)
- Gestalt in Action (Gestalt centre, London)
- Psychological management of stroke (BPS)
- Trauma focused CBT (training via Dr Heather Sequeira)
- I currently work within a Clinical Health Psychology stroke service based in the West Midlands.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am able to support adults living with the psychological impact of living with long term health conditions including cancer, renal concerns, chronic pain, stroke, cardiac issues and long term neurological conditions.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Sessions are priced at £80.00 upwards.
Concessions are available for trainees/ students/those on limited income (by arrangement).
Clinical supervision and training for teams are also available. Psychological therapy available for trainee psychologists.
Please look at my website at https://psychologistpro.uk for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently weekend appointments are available. Online therapy or supervision could be possible in the evening, by arrangement.
Types of client
Supervision & training
Hi there.View supervision profile