Leanne Hoffman Adv. PGDip MA MBACP (Accred)
59 St. John Street
City Of London
North End Road
020 7250 0083 / 07778 136 995
I am an experienced psychodynamic psychotherapist accredited and registered with the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
My focus is on helping people explore their thoughts, feelings, and past to help relieve difficult emotional states, understand more about their patterns of behaviour and improve many areas of people’s lives like their stresses, anxieties, relationships and much more. I believe that once people have a better understanding of what drives their behaviour and their ways of interacting with others, there is the chance to truly flourish.
People come to therapy for many different reasons:
- A significant event such as a bereavement or other event that can leave them feeling low or traumatised.
- A relationship breakdown, inability to commit, or cannot find the one.
- A career crisis.
- Seeking direction or meaning in life.
- A desire to break unhealthy patterns of behavior e.g. excessive porn, alcohol, and drugs or over or under eating.
- A general sense of unhappiness, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and loneliness.
It often feels that this is just the way it is but therapy can help transform these emotions. I have experience of working with all of the above after ten years of practice plus I have also worked for the last eighteen years as a consultant, coach and trainer specializing in organizational development helping people change behaviours and build skills.
The areas I specialise in include:
- Low self esteem.
- Issues with identity.
- Relationship and sexual difficulties.
- Rage and excessive anger.
- Loss and bereavement.
- Pregnancy and child related issues.
- Well being, resilience and emotional intelligence.
I work in private practice at the Farringdon Practice, Central London and at the Golders Green Practice, North London and at the Camden Psychotherapy Unit (formerly NHS provider of therapy) offering individual sessions either on a long or short term basis.
People often ask what therapy is about or how it can help. I believe it offers a unique and confidential relationship that can help you make sense of your life. It provides you with a safe and supportive environment to explore thoughts, feelings and concerns.
Feelings like anxiety, depression, and unhappiness are often linked to past experiences and emotions that are hidden deep inside of us. Therapy can help bring these into our consciousness providing people with a better understanding of many difficult states of mind. Gaining insight into what is driving your thoughts and behaviour can dramatically change your outlook, improving how you feel and how you interact with others.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully trained psychodynamic psychotherapist with ten years of experience having studied at WPF Counselling and Psychotherapy, graduating with a Postgraduate Diploma and MA in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I am also a certified coach, mediator, trainer of situational leadership and accredited in behavioural profiling tools.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
My fees are £75/£85 for a consultation at Golders Green/Farringdon Practice and £65/£75 for ongoing sessions at Golders Green/Farringdon Practice. Consultations and Sessions last for 50 minutes. I offer some reduced fee sessions for people with low incomes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|