Dr. Lauren McCoy
I am a Counselling Psychologist specialising in integrative therapy. I have been a student of Psychology for seven years, completing a Masters in Clinical Psychology and now a doctorate in Counselling Psychology. I have studied humanistic and CBT therapies. I have worked in a variety of settings, which include: counselling services, NHS and private setttings. I am also supervising trainee counselling psychologists as they perfect their therapy skills.
What do I offer?
I offer talking therapy to help with diverse issues. I can also offer sessions in conjunction with simple yoga poses to reach optimum wellbeing. The sessions are creative and tailored to help with any type of psychological problem. In sessions, I draw on humanistic and third-wave Cognitive Behavioural Therapies to a) help someone understand the nature of the problem and b) help them develop strategies to overcome the issue they face. My style is warm, compassionate and non-judgemental.
The counselling takes place in an upstairs large private yoga studio. The room is great when it comes to doing mindfulness exercises, mind-body exercises and more creative tasks. There is on street parking. Apologises there is no wheelchair access. The venue also holds regular yoga/mind-body classes at £7 a class. Classes are taught by a Senior Iyengar Teacher. If you would like to try the classes, please get in touch too. They are a great way to improve your confidence, body image and ability to tolerate whatever life throws at you!
If you like the sound of me, then please get in touch via email or telephone to arrange a first meeting.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Currently managing a counselling service for young people
- Supervising other trainees on the doctorate as they develop their skills
- Working as therapist at a University
- Worked in inpatient services/community services (2013-2016)
- Creates and delivers group work
- A dedicated student of yoga (Taught weekly by an Iyenger Teacher)
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- 8 week Mindfulness Course (MBSR training)
- DBT skills training
- ACT 3 day intensive workshop
- CBT trained
- BPS accredited Supervisors Course (ongoing)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
Consultation/assessment session is £20 (1 hour).
Individual sessions are £30 (1 hour).
Concession rates can be negotiated, so please enquire.
Available some weekday evenings on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client