I provide a safe space for you to work through whatever may be troubling you. I aim to walk alongside you every step of the way on your therapeutic journey; providing you with individually tailored tools and techniques to work through your difficulties as we go along.
I work in an integrated way and will incorporate the following theories and approaches to best suit your needs: psychodynamic, humanism, gestalt, transactional analysis and CBT.
I consider therapy to be a process of enlightenment where we get to know ourselves better. I am of the opinion insight is the best tool one can have in therapy; and by helping you gain a sense of understanding into what is really going on for you and where it may have originated, you can then make changes to facilitate a happier and more fulfilling life.
I offer an initial assessment appointment where we get to know each other and I can get a feel of what's going on for you. If you are happy and wish to continue we will review on a six weekly basis to ensure you are continuing to get what you need from our work together.
I offer flexible appointment times in the Ballymena area to include evenings and weekends and aim to offer an assessment appointment within one week of you first contacting me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc in Counselling Studies - Distinction
- BSc Hons in Criminology and Psychological Studies - 2.1
- Child Protection training
- Kids, Alcohol & Sexual Health training
- Mental Health First Aid training
- BOUNCE training
- The concept of self - psychodynamic workshop
- The wisdom of the body - psychodynamic workshop
- Addressing issues of anxiety - psychodynamic workshop
- Creative techniques - psychodynamic workshop
- Relate - couples counselling training (ongoing)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
£40 per hourly session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer both evening and Saturday appointments to suit those unable to attend during working hours.
Types of client