Kylie Stark MBACP
Hello, thank you for visiting my profile.
I offer short term and open ended counselling in a supportive, confidential and non-judgemental environment where you can explore your thoughts and feelings. In this unique space you will be listened to and truly heard.
I believe that counselling is an invaluable, healing and empowering experience which can allow a person to gain better awareness of self and others and understand past patterns and behaviours.
I am an experienced therapist and have worked with people from a wide variety of ages, backgrounds and issues.
My practices in Chessington and Surbiton are in locations that are easily accessible by public transport and by car.
I understand that choosing a therapist may seem like a daunting process and believe that the relationship between therapist and client is an important one. So please contact me for a consultation where we can meet and see if I am the right person for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified integrative counsellor and draw from a mixture of Psychodynamic, Person Centered and CBT approaches.
As a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) I abide by their ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Sessions are weekly and cost £40 for 50 minutes.
Skype and telephone sessions are £30 for 50 minutes.
Please contact me for discounts for students and those in financial difficulty.
- I carry professional liability insurance
- I attend regular supervision
- I am committed to my own personal development
- I aim to respond to enquirers within 24 hours
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently offer sessions from 5pm Monday - Friday and have several Saturday slots subject to availability.