Kruti St Helen (MBACP, MA, PG Dip, BA Hons)
Sometimes life can be really hard and this can leave you feeling depressed, overwhelmed, anxious and even unable to cope with life. Some of us may feel that we have no one around us and may feel lonely and isolated with no one to talk to.
During these times it is easier to talk to someone who is independent and can help you work through your painful issues and allow you to explore your thoughts and feelings in a safe, non judgemental and confidential space.
Coming to counselling is not be an easy task as it can mean looking inwardly and exploring your values and visions which can welcome some hard truths and can be difficult to accept and acknowledge. However the journey can be an extremely rewarding one too and can lead to you having a very positive impact on your life where it empowers you and helps you to live a healthier, happier and more fulfilled life.
I am a strong believer in personal growth and believe that everyone has the right to be happy and fulfilled in life. I aim you to provide you with a safe, therapeutic space to assist you in your life changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
In counselling I take an integrative approach as I believe every person is different and what works for one person may not work for another. Therefore I like to use skills from CBT, Solution Focused Therapy, Gestalt and Humanistic counselling to assist Person Centred care. I am a registered member of the BACP and abide by their ethical framework.
- Barnados - working with terminally ill children and supporting families that have gone through or were going through the loss of their loved one.
- Place2be - working with children in a school setting on a 1:1 basis through play therapy.
- NHS - Carrying out counselling in schools with children referred by the school.
- NHS - Working within the IAPT team seeing individuals referred via the GP or their self.
- NHS - working within adult mental health and dementia wards supporting individuals and their families.
- Wessex cancer trust - Counselling individuals and family members suffering from or who have been affected by the illness.
- Cole and Miller - Assisting individuals with family mediation and the break down of their relationships.
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG Dip in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Hons Sociology
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate in Supporting Families when a child dies
- Special Needs Awareness Course
- Certificate of Attendance in Place2be Training
- I am also a Registered Member of the BACP and I am currently applying for accreditation
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Counselling -Face to Face/Skype/Telephone – £40
For the initial session I ask clients to book a 90 minute session. This includes a FREE NO OBLIGATION 30 MINUTES where you can come and meet me, ask me questions or use it as a short counselling session to get a feel for what counselling is.
If after this 30 minutes, you are happy to continue on with the session, we will then carry on with the an assessment session where I will ask you questions on your therapeutic needs and we will set out a contract to meet weekly.
However if after the 30 minutes, either of us have any concerns about counselling being unsuitable for you or I may not be the right counsellor for you then we can discuss appropriate referrals or look at options that may be suitable for you.
All sessions after the initial session are an hour long
A limited amount of concessionary spaces for counselling students and low income families are available. If you feel you qualify then please ask for details.
Learning can be an integral part of life, one that I believe can be done anywhere in any setting, therefore I offer various talks, workshops and training courses that can be tailored to individual requirements and specifications. All workshops and training courses come with handouts on demand.
Subscribe to my quarterly newsletters to find out the dates of when they are held as well pick useful tips on managing a healthy mental health.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays 9.30am - 9.00pm, Tuesday 9.30am - 9.00pm, Wednesday 9.30am - 9.00pm, Thursday 9.30am - 9.00pm, Friday 9.30am-9.00pm
Types of client