Kruti St Helen (MBACP, MA, PG Dip, BA Hons)
203 Ashley Road
Many people come to see a counsellor for various reasons. Some will come to counselling to gain some clarity on a situation they are going through or they may want to change their current lifestyle or it might be that they need to see a counsellor due to recent events where they feel stuck and are unable to/or don’t want to get help and support from their family and friends.
Whatever the reason, counselling is a safe and comfortable environment where time is set aside for you to talk about the issues that you are struggling with. Your counsellor will explore with you, your problems and will work with you towards self improvement and self development.
I will generally not offer you advice or direct you as to what you should do, instead they will help you to clarify your experiences, situations and the different options open to you. Whatever is explored in your counselling sessions will be decided by you, giving you control and power over your own life.
Depending on how your issue is affecting you, counselling will involve you talking about your life events from the present, the recent and the past and how they shape your current situation. It may include exploring your emotions, relationships and patterns of thinking and behaving. By being open and honest, it can give you a clear idea about the external factors in your life, your patterns, your thoughts and behaviours, so you can then change them to suit the life you desire.
Counselling can help you to understand your self and your situation more clearly, perhaps from new and surprising perspectives that you will learn during your counselling sessions. It can help you to develop your own strengths and inner resources so you can master your own life. Counselling takes time and will require a lot of hard work and is not a quick fix.
Training, qualifications & experience
In counselling I take an integrative approach as I believe every person is different and what works for one person may not work for another. Therefore I like to use skills from CBT, Solution Focused Therapy, Gestalt and Humanistic counselling to assist Person Centred care. I am a registered member of the BACP and abide by their ethical framework.
- Barnados - working with terminally ill children and supporting families that have gone through or were going through the loss of their loved one.
- Place2be - working with children in a school setting on a 1:1 basis through play therapy.
- NHS - Carrying out counselling in schools with children referred by the school.
- NHS - Working within the IAPT team seeing individuals referred via the GP or their self.
- NHS - working within adult mental health and dementia wards supporting individuals and their families.
- Wessex cancer trust - Counselling individuals and family members suffering from or who have been affected by the illness.
- Cole and Miller - Assisting individuals with family mediation and the break down of their relationships.
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG Dip in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Hons Sociology
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate in Supporting Families when a child dies
- Special Needs Awareness Course
- Certificate of Attendance in Place2be Training
- I am also a Registered Member of the BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Free 30 minute initial session
I offer a 30 minute initial session free of charge with no obligation, which will allow you to come and meet me to discuss how you feel about having counselling and any concerns or questions you may have about counselling. This initial session can also be used to explore whether counselling and psychotherapy is for you and whether you feel comfortable working with me.
Counselling via Face to Face, Online, Telephone - £40
Being able to speak to someone in a safe and confidential therapeutic setting can allow you to increase your self awareness and help you to understand yourself more. If you are feeling down or are going through a difficult time, it can allow you to find your own identity and empower you to build your confidence and make positive changes in your life. All counselling sessions last 1hr, not 50 minutes.
a few spaces for low cost counselling are available also. Enquire for more information.
I also offer seminars and workshops around the UK
Subscribe to my monthly newsletters to find out the dates of when they are held as well pick useful tips on managing a healthy mental health.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Types of client