Kristiina Jalas, PhD, UKCP Reg Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
Terapia Consultancy Ltd
9 Coldbath Square
The Guild Of Psychotherapists
47 Nelson Square
I am a fully qualified psychoanalytic psychotherapist. Psychoanalytic psychotherapy is a well-established form of talking therapy, which, with its aim to increase understanding, is usually a medium- to long-term undertaking. I have experience of providing one-to-one therapy to adults who suffer with a range of symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress, or who are more generally struggling with problems in living, such as work and/or relationships, and who wish to gain a better understanding of the roots of that suffering. Often, this can involve thinking about their background, their family of origin and current relationships, and making sense of how, for example, their depressed, angry or anxious feelings link with their previous experience. It is the aim of therapy to provide a unique opportunity for a person to consider how they have got to where they are, to speak without having to worry about how it affects others, and to have a trusted, fresh perspective on their experience in order to equip them to make hoped-for changes in their lives.
Usually sessions take place at a regular time each week (many people come once a week, but also twice or three times a week), and sessions last for 50 minutes. An initial consultation will give you the opportunity to talk about what has brought you to therapy and what you hope to get from it, and for both you and the therapist to decide whether you could work together.
I work in private practice in consulting rooms in Central London, and my fees usually range from £45 to £65 per 50-minute session. Through my partnership with Jalas Coaching, I am also able to offer a unique short-term combination of therapy and executive coaching, for a set number of sessions. Please see www.jalascoaching.com for more details of this.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) registered psychoanalytic psychotherapist
- Member, Guild of Psychotherapists, London
- Full clinical training in individual adult psychoanalytic psychotherapy, Guild of Psychotherapists, 2007-2011
- PhD Psychology, University of London, 2002
- MSc Psychoanalytic Studies, University of London, 1997
- I currently work in private practice, from consulting rooms at the Guild of Psychotherapists, Southwark, London SE1 and 9 Coldbath Square, Clerkenwell, London EC1
- I am also a member of group practice One Therapy London, Oxford Circus, London W1
- My experience also includes working for counselling charities Waterloo Community Counselling, the Guild reduced-fee clinic and PACE, 2008-2012
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
My fees range from £45 to £65 per session:
I charge £45 for a one-off initial meeting, and £45-55 for ongoing sessions.
At One Therapy London, the fees are set by the practice and usually start from £65 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client