Kristiina Jalas, PhD, UKCP Reg Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
Terapia Consultancy Ltd
9 Coldbath Square
What do I offer?
I am a fully qualified and experienced psychoanalytic psychotherapist, which is a well-established form of talking therapy. I have experience of providing one-to-one therapy to adults who suffer with a range of symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress or who are more generally struggling with problems in living, such as work and/or relationships, and who wish to gain a better understanding of the roots of their suffering and to find a way forward.
Where, when and how?
I work from a consulting room at Coldbath Square in Clerkenwell, London, within easy walking distance from Chancery Lane, Farringdon and Angel stations, near the Mount Pleasant Post Office. My fee per session is £65. Sessions take place at a regular time each week and last for 50 minutes. An initial consultation will give you the opportunity to talk about what has brought you to therapy and what you hope to get from it, and for us to discuss whether to start working together. Currently I have availability on Wednesday afternoons/evenings.
Through my partnership with executive coaching company Jalas Coaching, I am also able to offer a unique combination of therapy and executive coaching, for an agreed number of sessions. Please see www.jalascoaching.com for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) registered psychoanalytic psychotherapist
- Member, Guild of Psychotherapists, London
- Full clinical training in individual adult psychoanalytic psychotherapy, Guild of Psychotherapists, 2007-2011
- PhD Psychology, University of London, 2002
- MSc Psychoanalytic Studies, University of London, 1997
- I currently work in private practice, from consulting rooms at 9 Coldbath Square, Clerkenwell, London EC1 (and at the Guild of Psychotherapists, Southwark, London SE1)
- I am also a member of group practice One Therapy London, Oxford Circus, London W1
- My experience also includes working for counselling charities Waterloo Community Counselling, the Guild reduced-fee clinic and PACE, 2008-2012
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
I charge £55 for a one-off initial meeting, and £65 for ongoing sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client