Kirsty Innes Counselling and Psychotherapy NCS
01425 656496 / 07854 442749
Everyone has times in their life when emotional burdens seem too heavy and circumstances seem overwhelming. People seek counselling for many reasons, some of these include:
- stress and anxiety, including panic attacks, generalised anxiety and obsessional behaviours
- postnatal depression
- unresolved issues from childhood
- depression, feelings of low self-worth and prolonged sadness
- family and relationship issues
- loss, bereavement and grief
- abuse and trauma
- life changes and transitions such as job loss or change in health
- sense of yearning for a deeper experience in life
I offer a calm, confidential, safe space in which you are free to explore your thoughts and feelings. Being able to talk in confidence to someone who will not judge you and who will help you to find your way forward can enable you to unravel tangled emotions. In this way, you can examine your patterns and can choose how you move into the future.
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified with an Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling and since qualification have been working in two areas; in a private counselling capacity and also as a psychological therapist in the NHS.
I am an accredited member of The National Counselling Society and work strictly within the boundaries of the BACP's code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am qualified to use Mindfulness in a therapeutic setting and find that this can give a useful angle when clients feel overwhelmed by difficult emotions. There is also a great deal of evidence to support the role of Mindfulness in preventing relapses into depression and anxiety.
My fees are £40 per 50 minute session. Cash, cheques and BACS payments are accepted.
I work from two locations; Fordingbridge which is on the edge of the New Forest, and Salisbury. I have daytime and evening appointments at both locations to suit your availability.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client