Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and Counselling in Derby.
Hello my name is Kim, I am a qualified counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling) working in private practice. My background is working within domestic abuse services and with victims of crime, I have worked with clients experiencing domestic abuse for the last four years.
I have worked with clients experiencing a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, low confidence, self-harming, suicidal thoughts, bereavement and loss, abuse in childhood, bullying, attachment and abandonment issues.
I am in my final year of training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and working towards accreditation with UKCP so I can become a Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist. Although I mainly practice Transactional Analysis, I draw on other therapeutic techniques if I feel they will benefit my client such as CBT, Solution Focused Therapy, NLP, Art Therapy and Mindfulness.
I work within the ethical codes and guidance on good practice set out by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA) and UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Training, qualifications & experience
Over the last four years, I have worked extensively with clients affected by domestic abuse. My work has involved working both with clients individually and within a group setting. In addition, I have also worked with clients affected by the impact of crime within a voluntary setting.
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
- Counselling Skills Certificate
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Studies and Skills
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology and Counselling Studies
- Safeguarding - Children, Substance Misuse, Mental Health and Self Harm
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Working with Men - Essential Skills for Groupwork Facilitators (Respect)
- Redecision Therapy Training
- Group Therapy Training
- Domestic Abuse Awareness (National Open College Network)
- Domestic Violence Training
- Core Training - Working with Victims of Crime
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
I initially offer a free session to see whether we can work together, after that my charges are as follows:
£40 per session for Individual Clients (60 Minutes)
£55 per session for Couples (90 Minutes)
£25 per session for group therapy (150 minutes - for 6 to 8 clients)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|