Kim Hodgson Person Centred Therapeutic Counsellor MBACP
Delce Counselling Services
132a Delce Road
07954 816308 / as above
Are there times in your life when you feel overwhelmed,anxious or depressed? Do you find it difficult to tell people how you feel? or feel that no one will understand?
I can offer you a calm, quiet space where you can talk about your feelings and emotions with understanding and empathy, without fear of being judged or ridiculed.
I understand how difficult the first step is to making the decision to seek counselling and am honoured that you have considered taking that step with me.
I am a Person Centred Counsellor, I work with you looking at your thoughts and feelings and what you would like to change. I understand how stress and anxiety can have a huge impact on well being: having someone to talk to and listen in a safe a calm environment can make all the difference.
I work with Teenagers fourteen upwards and Adults.
Volunteer counsellor at Cross line Christian counselling service.
20 years within the Primary Education system working with SEN
National Health Service in child health, youth advisory and family planning.
I have a good understanding of the demands and pressures of working within the medical and educational environment.
Once you have made the initial contact, there will be a short consultation over the phone, if we are in agreement an appointment will be made for an hours session at the Delce Counselling Services at a time and date that is convenient to you.
Sessions take place in a quite and comfortable room. In the first session we will discuss the therapeutic contract, times, fees and what you are looking to achieve; this will be followed by a shortened counselling session after which you decide if you wish to have further sessions,. You have complete autonomy.
There is no obligation as to how many sessions you have and sessions can be ended by either one of us.
I am a member of the BACP and adhere to their ethical framework to work in your best interest.
All sessions are strictly private and confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training at Ocean Counselling Centre. Rochester, Kent
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) - 21/8/2012
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (QCF) - 19/8/2013
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF) 1/12/2015
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Understanding Substance Misusef
Further information and training
- Working with Children facing loss and bereavement.
- Introduction to working with children Therapeutically
- Mental Health and Medication
- Wounded Self - Histrionic Personality-The Exploited Child
- Personal experience of being a carer, caring for loved one's with terminal illness.
- Personal experience of cross cultural background, understand the complexities of not fitting in and feeling different.
- knowledge and experience of Post Natal Depression and PMS
- Understanding of deaf culture and a smattering of sign language.
- Understanding and work with SEN, ADHD, Aspergers, EBD.
- Experience and work with English as a second language.
- Understanding of difficulties of being a parent of children with special needs. blame issues, alienation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
A one hour session cost £40.00
Delce counselling services we now also offer low cost counselling for low income or Zero rate contract hours at £20.00
Experience in basic sign language BSL1
I am comfortable working with clients that communicate with the aid of speaking Apps.
Delce Road is easy to find, just off Star Hill Rochester and City Way Rochester. A Short walk from Rochester High Street.
There is ample parking outside the premises, Free parking up to two hours.
There is a bus service available and train stations nearby (Rochester Station), (Chatham Station) both are within easy walking distance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Work with clients who use assited speaking apps|
Tuesday- mid afternoon & Evening. Thursdays- early afternoon. Friday- mid afternoon & Evening. Saturday- Morning & Afternoon.
Types of client