07568094254 / +447568094254
Life is often so fast paced and we can be used to putting others first. At times this can have a negative effect on our overall wellness including our overall emotional well-being and our responses to how this makes us feel. We can feel that we don't want to worry others with our concerns because of our own fears of burdening or overloading them. Within my Counselling practice I offer a confidential, reflective, accepting and quiet space to unravel these concerns which over time, as the therapeutic relationship deepens, can enable you, the client, to feel able to explore these raptures in more detail, making sense of them together we can find you a way forward that hopefully feels easier for you to manage.
As an Integrative Therapist I can tailor my counselling approach to suit your needs. It may be that you need to explore something deep set and painful from your past. It could be that you are dealing with an Anxiety Issue and feel that a more short term focused Therapy is for you, the way I work can be very much adapted to suit your needs, bringing the change that you desire.
I have spent the last few years sitting with both Adults and young people as we together work through their bereavement. This has been both hugely challenging and rewarding for me to see clients being able to gain clarity and control of their feelings again after what has usually been an overwhelming and traumatic time.
Sometimes for some, talking can be hugely difficult and daunting, you may not always feel that you have the words to describe how you feel. I am interested in how our emotions affect our bodies physiologically and by paying a deeper attention to these sensations and feelings can help us to make sense of the emotion and thus describe it. I have found from previous experience that art work for some can be hugely beneficial in this instance and that is something we can discuss at the Initial meeting. Working in this way initially can give a more relaxed vibe and helps those that find eye contact difficult.
Based in Taunton and the surrounding areas I am within easy reach of the M5, I have access to a ground floor therapy room providing accessibility for the majority of clients. There is public parking nearby and a town centre for refreshments
Home visits are also available on request subject to location.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Pyschotherapeutic Counsellor. I work with Adults and young people. I have experience of supporting clients through bereavement and Trauma.
- Concepts In Counselling Course
- AQA Certificate In Counselling Skills Level 2
- AQA Certificate In Counselling Skills Level 3
- AIM Awards Level 4 Certificate In Counselling: Integrating Theory and Practice
- AIM Awards Level 5 Diploma Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Approaches to Time Limited Therapy CPD Course
- Awareness In Bereavement Care A Foundation Course - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Awareness In Children & Young People's Bereavement Care A Foundation Course -Cruse Bereavement Care.
- Safeguarding Training CPD - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Sudden And Traumatic Death CPD Training -Cruse Bereavement Care
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate In awareness Of Mental Health Problems
- Children And Young People with Life Limiting Conditions in School CPD - Taunton And Somerset NHS
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Initial meeting 30 minutes free of charge
Weekly hourly sessions £30.00, frequency of sessions can be discussed to tailor individual needs.
For most of us, often taking the first step and asking to talk to someone to share our feelings can feel challenging and even scary. In a confidential and non-judgemental setting the hope that over time as the relationship between client and therapist develops, the client will feel confident and free to unravel their worries thus being able to move forward on their journey.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer both day time and evening sessions. Weekend appointments are subject to availability.
Types of client