Katy Plowright - FdSc.Couns, Dip.Couns, Registered MBACP, Bath & Chippenham area
Align Body Clinic
29 James Street West
Bath & North East Somerset
St. Mary Clinic
4 St. Mary Street
07788 644333 (confidential voicemail)
Therapy is an investment in yourself. It can be used for working through specific difficulties or issues; personal development; or aligning yourself to who you’re meant to be when life has gone off track, allowing a more rewarding way of being.
As a registered therapist with The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) I provide a professional, confidential and relaxed service for both male and female clients, free from judgement.
I offer both short term and long term counselling. Short term counselling typically focuses on a specific issue such as a bereavement or major life change; long term counselling/psychotherapy can be open ended and is suitable for a deeper exploration and more thorough review of your life. I work collaboratively and flexibly with individuals to create an environment which enables exploration of the difficulties and challenges encountered in life.
I work in an Integrative Humanistic way, acknowledging clients have different needs, so no one single approach is sufficient. I can draw on theories from:
- Humanistic and Existential Psychology
- Person Centred approach
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based practice
Areas of Interest:
Although I work with a wide range of psychological difficulties and life challenges I have a special interest in working with anxiety, depression, addiction, bereavement, grief and loss, workplace stress or ‘burnout’.
I adhere to a strict code of ethics and I am regulated by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). The ethical guidelines and practices of the BACP to which I am bound can be viewed via their website www.bacp.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Bath Spa University)
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Accredited Bereavement Worker
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
- ASIST Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certificate in Training Practice
- Certificate in HR Practice
- Member of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registrant on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists - Registration number 130318
Experience & Background:
- Currently working as a counsellor in a Bereavement Agency since 2003
- Drugs & Alcohol Counsellor within an Addictions, Homelessness & Social Exclusion Service
- 10 years’ experience in HR, Training & Development Management roles in large corporate environment, providing a Health & Wellbeing Service for all employees
- 6 years’ experience in Sales Management
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
Free initial telephone consultation to discuss your needs.
£40.00 for a 50 minute therapy session.
Please call, text or email me for further information or to arrange an initial confidential discussion regarding your needs.
I have full professional indemnity insurance.
Clinics in central Bath and Chippenham.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday daytime appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|