Katrina Waller : Couple & Family Psychotherapist
11 - 12 The Shrubberies
45 Central Steet
I am a UKCP registered Systemic Couple and Family Psychotherapist with over 17 years experience of counselling couples and families. My approach is dynamic and aims to empower couples and families to foster greater understanding, resilience and abilities in communication in their relationships.
I have expertise in working with couples who are experiencing:-
- Ongoing and unresolved conflicts
- Difficulties in communication
- Impact of one partner suffering from depression/other mental health issues
- Considering separation and/or divorce
- Issues around anger, abuse and/or violence in the relationship
- Challenges of having different backgrounds/cultures
- Sexual tensions/difficulties
- Moving on from infidelity
- Demands of new baby/extended family/step-children on the couple relationship.
I have experience of working with families who are experiencing:-
- Challenging, worrying and/or upsetting behaviour of a child/teenager
- Becoming a step-family
- Living with the impact of separation and/or divorce
- Impact of a relocation to a new country or area of the UK.
In addition to the plethora of 'everyday' challenges/issues facing couples and families I have many years experience of working with couples and families where a partner of family member has experienced or is experiencing mental health difficulties such as depression.
Training, qualifications & experience
PG Diploma in Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist.
UKCP Registered Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist.
Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist in Adult Mental Health: North East London NHS Trust.
Partner at HSFocus which provides clincial psychology, psychotherapy, coaching and corporate well being and resilience services.
I am a fully registered member of UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and AFT (Association for Family Therapy)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
55 minute couple counselling session : £80
55 minute family counselling session : £80
90 minute couple or family counselling sessions : £120.00
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|