Katrina Waller : Couple and Family Psychotherapist
11 - 12 The Shrubberies
31 Shenfield Road
I am a Couple and Family Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of counselling couples and families.
Key to the way I work is helping couples and families to foster more fulfilling relationships. This happens by understanding what is unhelpful and could be more helpful in how they interact with each other. I can help couples and families to learn skills in effective communication and ways of navigating their conflicts and dilemmas.
I provide a safe, non-blaming, and non-judgemental space for couples and families to work through their problems and dilemmas.
When it comes to making important decisions, such as a couple deciding whether to stay together or separate, I have no agenda other than to be as useful as I can be in enabling my clients to better understand themselves, their situation, and their possibilities. This provides clients with insight and a guide for making their own important decisions.
I have expertise in working with heterosexual and LGBT couples who are experiencing:-
- Ongoing and unresolved conflicts
- Difficulties in communication
- Impact of one partner suffering from depression/other mental health issues
- Considering separation and/or divorce
- Issues around anger, abuse and/or violence in the relationship
- Challenges of having different backgrounds/cultures
- Sexual tensions/difficulties
- Moving on from infidelity
- Demands of new baby/extended family/step-children on the couple relationship.
I have expertise in working with families who are experiencing:-
- Challenging, worrying and/or upsetting behaviour of a child/teenager
- Coping with new and unsettling circumstances
- Becoming a step-family
- Living with the impact of separation and/or divorce
- Impact of a relocation to a new country or area of the UK.
Alongside my private practice I have worked for the NHS in adult mental health services and have many years experience of working with couples and families where a partner or other family member has experienced or is experiencing mental health difficulties such as depression or psychosis.
Training, qualifications & experience
PG Diploma in Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapy
Accredited member of UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
Member of AFT (Association for Family Therapy)
Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist in Adult Mental Health: North East London NHS Trust
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
50 minute couple counselling session : £80
50 minute family counselling session : £90
90 minute couple or family counselling assessment : £120.00
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|