Katie Humphries MBACP (Accred)
07841 404 471
Hello, I provide counselling for individuals, and those in relationships. This maybe your first experience of counselling or you may have sought help in the past. Whatever your situation, counselling can often be the first step towards change, understanding and emotional wellbeing. Your first session is FREE with no obligation to continue.
I offer you the opportunity to talk and to explore any issues that may be affecting you, I am committed to providing effective counselling and psychotherapy in a safe and supportive environment, free from judgement and expectation.
Whether you have something pressing you wish to explore or you are looking for more balance in your life, we can talk about what is important to you in a safe and confidential environment, using approaches and techniques that can adapt to your needs.
The relationship between the counsellor and the client is very important. The first meeting is free, giving you the opportunity to decide whether I am the right counsellor for you. I work integratively, which means I work with flexibility, drawing on different theories and techniques which helps to meet the individual needs of clients.
I can offer both short term and longer term counselling. Your requirements can be talked through in more detail at our first meeting.
Please contact me on the number above or via email to arrange your first appointment with no obligation to continue. You can also contact me through my website www.katiehumphries.co.uk.
I provide counselling in Hartfield and Brighton (Fiveways area)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate London Diploma for Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling - core models Person Centred, Transactional Analysis and Gestalt
- Certificate in Duo-Counselling: working with Couples and Families affected by change.
- Bereavement and Loss training: Hospice in the Weald
- Counselling Young People at Central Sussex College
- Solution Focused Counselling Training
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training
- Stress management and mindfulness
- I also work for the NHS delivering CBT inventions for people experiencing Depression and Anxiety
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Work issues
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Students (counselling students looking for individual support while training)
I have a special interest in Psychosexual and Relationship issues and I am a kink aware and poly affirmative professional.
Initial meeting is free
£40 for individuals for a 50 minute session
£55 for couples for a 60 minute session
I have a limited number of low cost slots available to those on a low income. Please ask for details.
My work is professionally supervised and I am covered by insurance.
I have a private and discreet consulting room in Hartfield, close to Tunbridge Wells and Forest Row. There is plenty of parking space.
My consulting room in Brighton is easily accessible by car and bus, in the Five Ways area.
Appointments for individuals are usually held weekly at the same time and day at a mutually convenient time. For couples, weekly or fortnightly appointments are available, depending on your circumstances.
I can offer day time and evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available, and I can offer flexibility.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|