Kathryn Jackson, MA(psychotherapy), ADIP, PhD (philosophy); UKCP & MBACP(reg)
I am an experienced and well-qualified psychotherapist offering adult (over 18 years of age) therapy in central London (W1) and north west London (St Johns Wood, near Maida Vale). I provide a safe, supportive and secure environment in which you can explore whatever it is that brings you to therapy: this includes depression, anxiety, relationship issues, identity and self-worth, eating disorders and addiction.
My therapeutic approach integrates relational psychodynamic with an attachment perspective. I'm interested in the way in which early attachment and relational experience can colour or shape experience life in the present moment, often through repetitive habits that seem beyond our control. In therapy, we can explore the ways these patterns continue to emerge in the here and now, and need not dwell on the past.
I have trained in a range of other modalities - such as humanistic, existential and behavioural approaches -- and can utilise these in a coherent way that best suits the needs and experiential style of each person.
I am highly experienced in working with younger adults (between the ages of 18 - 40); and with clients who have expat experience, international or diverse backgrounds.
I offer short term or long term therapy, as well as Skype sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychotherapy & Counselling, Regents University
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Regents University
- Foundations Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regents College
- Training in Mentalization Based Therapy, Anna Freud Centre
- Qualification in CBT, University of Middlesex
- PhD in Philosophy, University of Toronto
- MA in Screenwriting, London University of the Arts
Experience (all provided experience of a very wide range of psychological issues)
- Private Practice, with a wide range of client presentations
- Student Counsellor, Kings College London
- Westminster Mind
- South London and Maudsley NHS Trust
- Mind in Camden
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also have extensive experience working with younger adults (over 18) but work with older adults as well.
Issues raised by expat life - either as a result of an international move, or returning to the UK after life abroad.
Individual therapy: £75 - £95, depending on location and time of day.
Some concessions are available. Please inquire.
My consulting rooms are conveniently located: one is in central London, W1, close to Oxford Circus and Bond St tube stations, near Fitzrovia, Marylebone and Harley St. The other is on the border of St Johns Wood and Maida Vale & Little Venice, serviced by many buses and very close to either Warwick Ave or Maida Vale Tube Stations. Close to Swiss Cottage, Hampstead and West Hampstead, Kilburn and Queens Park.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently unavailable, except for SKYPE work
Types of client