Katherine (Kate) Uher, BACP (Accred)
The Therapy Centre
I am and integrative therapist with extensive training. I have a range of tools and techniques which I will tailor to your specific needs.
The work I do will focus on:
- Stopping the discomfort from getting any bigger.
- Reducing uncomfortable feelings.
- Strengthening an inner sense of security.
- Developing tools which can be used in difficult situations, to keep calm and grounded.
The focus of most therapy is about either: Moving away from difficulty or moving towards betterness. Many of the clients who come to see me are overwhelmed by their emotions or find that their anxiety is getting in the way of how they want to live their life. I have a range of tools and techniques which I use to help my clients manage their feelings.
Past clients I have worked with have managed to:
- Eliminate panic attacks.
- Reduced social anxiety.
- Understand and overcome relationship difficulties.
- Meet life goals.
- Take advantage of new opportunities in work and relationships.
Symptom relief can be accomplished in 6 - 8 sessions.
Clients wishing to work through bigger feelings, trauma or more complex historical issues would likely require 12 – 20 + sessions.
How to start?
- We will agree a time to meet which is suitable for both of us.
- We will meet at Watson House Therapy Centre, a charming Grade 2 listed building in the centre of historic Morpeth, where we will have a private room for our appointment.
- Our appointment will last for 50 minutes. Which usually goes by much more quickly than expected.
- Durring our appointment I will have a few questions to ask just to get an idea of why you came. There is no right or wrong way for therapy sessions to go. It’s common that people are nervous the first time they come in, but in most cases initial anxiety fades away as we start talking.
- For our first session my main goals are to get to know a little about you, make sure you feel safe and comfortable in the room and to offer meaningful strategies you can take away.
- After our first meeting I will offer an appointment for our next session, but you have absolutely no obligation to continue.
- If we agree to continue then I will go away, draw on my integrative training to formulate a personalized therapy plan specific to your wants and needs.
- All plans are tentative. You the client are very much in charge of the process and as your therapist I will take my cues from you about how you wish to work and where to go next.
- You can make payments by cash, card or cheque.
For images of the building where we will meet visit this website: https://www.themindworx.co.uk/watson-house
If you are interested in setting up a session you can email me at: Katherineuher@gmail.com let me know what times and days work best for you. You don’t need to send any personal information (other than a first name) at that point. I’ll email you back to agree a time with you. If you do wish to give me a little information that’s completely at your digression.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counseling (With Merit)
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Mental health author and journalist
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£40 Per 50 minutes (Single session)
£70 Per 100 minutes (Double session)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday
9:00 -2:00 (Last appointment starting at 1:00)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday 9:00 -2:00 (Last appointment starting at 1:00)
Types of client