Dr Kate Woollaston, Clinical Psychologist (DClinPsych, BSc (Hons), PGDipCYPIAPT)
1-2 Kings Arms Yard
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, with 14 years experience working in NHS mental health services. I currently work part-time in the NHS and have a private clinic in Ampthill, Bedford near Milton Keynes. I am warm and empathic, and offer a confidential, non-judgemental space for people to work through their difficulties. I work with adults and children and have specialist experience of working with parents and families.
Psychological difficulties I work with:
- Anxiety, including generalised anxiety disorder (worry), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, specific phobias and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Low mood, depression
- Low self-esteem, feelings of failure
- Stress, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted
- Adjustment to becoming a parent in the antenatal and postnatal period (postnatal depression)
- Common young childhood difficulties, such as feeding, toileting, sleep, tantrums and separation issues
- Children experiencing worries and distress in relation to school, peer and sibling relationships and adjusting to changes in family circumstances
- Children struggling with anger and presenting with challenging behaviours (aggression, screaming, hitting, biting, destroying property etc.)
- Post-diagnostic support for ADHD, Autism and Learning Difficulties
I am able to draw on a number of different therapeutic approaches, including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Compassion-Based Therapy, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Narrative Therapy and Social Learning Theory-Based Therapy. I use my knowledge of the research evidence to select the best therapeutic approach to address my clients' difficulties and then tailor the intervention to suit their individual circumstances and help them meet their goals.
Feel free to contact me for an informal discussion of your needs. We can then arrange an assessment appointment where I can hear more about your concerns and give you some options for treatment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsych) - University College London
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Child and Young Person IAPT Therapy - University College London
- First Class Honours Degree in Psychology - Westminster University
- Practitioner Psychologist with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Enhanced DBS clearance
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
My fees start at £100 per 50 minute session.
I am a recognised provider with a number of leading UK health insurance companies: Vitality/PruHealth, AXA PPP Healthcare, Aviva Health and CIGNA. Please speak to your company to find out what your policy covers, as policies vary.
Parking is available across the road from my clinic in Waitrose car park for up to 2 hours.
I offer home visits (dependent on location and availability).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening and weekend appointments available. Home visits offered.
Types of client