K 'Kate' Pisulak Registered Member MBACP Counsellor and Psychoterapist
I am a professional person-centred approach counsellor, with a diploma in therapeutic counselling, a graduate of Coleshill Counselling Service, following the study of psychology at Open University from 2009 to 2012. I am also trained in CBT approach. I am very passionate about my job, empathetic and non-judgemental but at the same time clear about the boundaries and preserve a professional attitude.
My professional experience includes working with people from various social backgrounds and of different nationalities with mental health issues, sufferers of abuse or neglect while both childhood and adult life experiences, as well as victims of domestic violence. I also work with severe trauma related to sexual abuse, neglect and addiction.
This year I joined Tappy Twins team where my work concerned whole families and the issue of impact of domestic violence on children. I support children and young people suffering from trauma, different forms of abuse, neglect and less serious cases of mental health issues.
Apart from my experience coming from work I have natural skills in dealing with people in need or distress; depression, anxiety, domestic violence issues is something which has always appealed to me since I have an experience of living in abusive environment myself.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Practitioner in EFT Advance Practitioner Training Programme, Tappy Twins
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma, Renaissance Life Therapies
2012 - 2016
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4; Coleshill Counselling Service, PO Box 6129, Coventry V6 9JF, Level 3 in Counselling Skills, CPCAB
2011 - 2012
- ABC Award in Counselling Concepts Level 2; University of Derby
2009 - 2011
- Psychology and Counselling, The Open University, Milton Keynes, Psychology and Counselling
2008 - 2009
- Social Sciences, The Open University, Milton Keynes – Psychology and Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- EFT Advanced Practitioner, Birmingham, Emotional Freedom Technics Advanced Practitioner Training Programme
- REBT dyploma, Birmingham Renaissance Training Academy
£30 per individual session (adults and children)
£40 for couples
£20 people with disabilities
I believe that each of us is different and also unique, each having different talents which, for various reasons, can stay hidden or impeded. My chosen therapeutic approach is called person centred, not only because this was the main focus of my studies but also because I believe that every individual is valued and deserves respect. Above all, however, this conviction is my way of live and an inseparable part of my identity.
Awareness of diversity in our society is one of my strong points. Since I come from another country I have had a chance to observe and get to know different mentalities and experience their consequences, which on the other hand has enabled me to see things from both angles.
Building counselling relationships with people, with different background and life history, has always been a big and the most wonderful challenge, especially if at the end of the day I am able to help them feel better, more aware and accepting towards themselves, others and life changing circumstances.
I fluently speak two languages, English and Polish, and I also understand Russian and Czech.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish, Czech|
Mon, Tues, Wed - 16.00-20.00; Thurs - 12.00- 20.00; Sat - 15.00-17.00
Types of client