Dr Katarzyna Juralowicz
143 Auckland Road
I specialise in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) as a method of treating depression and anxiety disorders. I deliver CBT based psychological interventions in line with National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines to individuals and groups. I am experienced in a variety of therapeutic techniques including Motivational Interviewing, Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Schema Therapy.
I use a combined approach of CBT and nutrition science to deliver effective programmes treating bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder (BED) and obesity. I also run CBT based weight loss and weight management programmes.
I use my knowledge and experience to deliver successful life coaching for clients who want to make changes in their personal and professional lives and achieve a new level of fulfilment.
My approach of encouragement and honesty, combined with professional experience and expertise, will deliver a positive, rewarding and transforming experience for you.
I deliver therapy in English and Polish.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked at the NHS for over 10 years in nutrition and mental health. I have a track record in working successfully with diverse client populations in one- to- one and group settings.
Details of my relevant qualifications are listed below:
• BABCP accredited Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapist – Number: 120542
• Association for Nutrition Registered Nutritionist- Number: 612
• Member of the Polish Chamber of Physicians and Dentists
• Masters Degree in CBT fromMetropolitan University in London
• Masters Degree in Nutrition Science from King`s CollegeUniversity in London
• Masters DegreeinMedical Sciences from Karol Marcinkowski University inPoznan, Poland
• Diploma in Modern PsychologyfromBirbeck University in London
Through a constant quest for self-improvement I have completed a range of training courses including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, Schema therapy and CBT based approach to treating obesity.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
I am a recognised provider of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy by the following Private Medical Insurers: Aviva , WPA, Vitality ( PruHealth) and Cigna Healthcare.
Face to face therapy sessions are held at my residential address at the moment.
I also provide online face to face therapy (although this is not covered by all private medical insurers).
Cognitive- Behavioural Therapy:
- Self funded face to face: £80 per 50 minute session
- Self funded online face to face : £65 per 50 minute session
- Insurance funded: Please contact me as fees vary depending on the requirements of the insurance provider.
CBT based weight loss and management treatment programme :
- Face to face: £85 per 50 minute session.
- For best results choose a package below:
Set of 8 sessions : £560 ( £70 per session)
Set of 12 sessions : £720 ( £60 per session)
Set of 24 sessions : £1,200 ( £50 per session)
- Face to face: £70 per 50 minute session
- Online face to face: £60 per 50 minute session
Please note: Fees are payable by cash at the beginning of each session or bank transfer prior to the session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client