Kat Quinn - Bsc. (Hons.) Fd.Couns. Registered Member MBACP
Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at my profile. My name is Kat and I am a qualified Person Centred Counsellor. There are many reasons that someone like yourself is seeking counselling. I can offer a safe environment for you to explore and make sense of your emotions in confidence. To feel accepted in a purely non judgemental way in any relationship can be hard to find. Through our work together to build a trusting, honest and empathic relationship, you are free to grow and be who you truly are.
Person centred counselling is a non-directive form of therapy. I am not here to direct you into making decisions or to judge any decisions you do make. I want you to feel comfortable enough to be able to share your inner thoughts and feelings that may be blocking your path somehow. Maybe you do not know what is in your way and want to work through this. Sharing can help you move forward and helps you to begin to accept and learn from your emotions in a more positive way. I do believe that happiness is an inside job.
I have an extensive theoretical background in Psychology and have an honours degree in the subject. I also volunteer at a local Wellbeing Community Centre as a Counsellor. I have also gained experience working with adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental health issues as a Support Worker.
I am also trained as a CRUSH facilitator. This is programme run by West Mercia Womans Aid which offers support to young people (ages 13-19) whom have been either victims of domestic abuse or have witnessed domestic abuse within the home. I am also a trained Youth Offenders Mentor.
I offer one-to-one counselling for clients over the age of 18.
I work from a premises in Redditch which has parking facilities nearby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bsc. Psychology (Hons) Degree
- Foundation Degree in Counselling
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP Registered Member)
- West Mercia Women's Aid CRUSH Facilitator
I have attended courses in :
- Child psychology
- Cognitive psychology
- Enabling Children to speak about feelings through Sandplay therapy
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (BACP)
- Legal issues working with Children and Young People (BACP)
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse (West Mercia)
- Alcohol Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) (E-learning certificate)
- Safeguarding Children: Abuse and Neglect
- Worcestershire County Council Safeguarding Training
- Youth Offenders Mentoring Scheme Training
- Sexual Health and Relationship Workshop (NHS)
- Mental health & Learning difficulties Support Work
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. As part of this requirement I attend regular Supervision and Professional and Personal Development groups which enhance my skills. Further information about membership criteria and the ethical guidelines can be found at www.bacp.co.uk.
I am fully insured and hold an enhanced DBS.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£40 per hour session.
Free no obligation consultation upon request (telephone or in person- up to 30 minutes)
Limited number of concession appointments are available for Student Counsellors.
I understand that everyone is different and it is important for you to feel comfortable with the therapist you choose. I am happy to answer any further questions you may have to help you with this decision.
If you contact me through email, text or phone, I shall get back to you as soon as possible.
Please know that if for any reason you feel I am not suitable for your needs, this is OK. Sometimes the first steps are the hardest and where appropriate I may be able to put you in contact with someone more suitable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday & Wednesday daytime.
Types of client