405 Wigan Road
(+44) 7967 355151
My name is Karen and I have been working as a Cognitive Behaviour Therapist for the last 5 years. I have over 20 years experience of working within various mental health settings and have an acute understanding of how distressing it can be to cope with various psychological difficulties. I have a compassionate approach to dealing with issues and my working environment ensures my clients feel safe and at ease to explore their difficulties.
I have experience of working with clients from age 13 and above and predominantly deal with issues around depression and anxiety disorders such as ; Social Phobia, agoraphobia, Panic, OCD, Trauma, Health Anxiety and General Anxiety. In addition part of my work focuses on relationship difficulties and low self esteem issues. I am also qualified to provide supervision to students undertaking a PG Dip in CBT or for those wishing to undertake private supervision.
I can be flexible to meet the needs of the client and will work evenings and weekends to accommodate your needs. I appreciate it can be a difficult decision to commit to therapy so please feel free to contact me to discuss any queries you have.
Training, qualifications & experience
* 6 years providing CBT working within IAPT Service for depression and anxiety disorders.
* 4 years providing CBT in private sector
* 2 years managing Mental Health Service in West Lancashire within the NHS.
* 6 years providing psychological interventions within the statutory sector
* 6 years as an O.T technical instructor in High Dependency Unit for enduring mental health problems
* 2 years working voluntary with patients with Dementia in a day care unit.
* 1 year practicing EMDR practitioner
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
£60 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Very flexible depending on availability. I can work evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|