Karen Elliott Reg MBACP (Accred)
Taking the decision to come to counselling can be life changing and this is why I am passionate about the work that I do. Whatever walk of life you are from I believe that talking things through can help you to find ways to cope with bad times or emotional problems and that you can be supported to find your own answers to problems.
Counselling can help you to benefit in the following ways:
* Learn new ways to cope with stress, anxiety and depression
* Feel more self confident
* Become more assertive
* Improve your communication skills
* Notice patterns in your relationships
* Turn negative thinking patterns into positive ones
* Be better able to trust your own judgement
* Manage anger
* Have a greater understanding of yourself and what your goals are
I have 10 years counselling experience, working in many different settings with adults, children and young people. I offer a safe, private, empathic, non-judgemental space in which you can explore your personal experiences, where you will be listened to and your opinions respected.
What to expect in your first session
When we meet I will give you some information about my practice, listen to your thoughts and feelings and discuss with you what you expect to achieve. You may wish to work within a set number of session or on a longer term basis. I am an integrative counsellor and I work in a proactive way which means I draw on the many skills I have and use evidence based counselling theories in order to tailor the service to your individual needs.
My work with children and young people involves encouraging the child/young person to explore issues and feelings that have a negative effect on their daily lives. This may involve using talking therapies or other creative methods such as art or play.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
- Certificate in Brief Interventions Practice and Theory
- Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Working with Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT
- Understanding Trauma
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance
- Bereavement by Suicide
- Loss and Bereavement
- Confidence and Self Esteem - Developing Assertiveness Skills
- Working with Sexual Issues
- Understanding and Stopping Addictive behaviour
- Working with Lesbian, Gay and Bi-sexual Young People
- Safeguarding - Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
I work as a Counsellor in a Charitable Organisation specialising in Domestic and Sexual Abuse. I am also a Counsellor in a School. As well as being in private practice I have also worked for Children's Centres and DMBC.
I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) . My Practice is compliant with the BACP ethical standards for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I hold full Indemnity Insurance and a current DBS check.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
My fees are £35 per session. A session lasts for up to one hour.
I offer a service which is flexible and client led so I offer appointments during the day time, evening and where possible at a weekend.
I work from a Therapy room which is easily accessible from Doncaster town centre. There is parking available outside the centre and there is a regular bus service.
I understand that finding the right Counsellor for you is very important so please call me for a no obligation discussion about this service, or alternatively, email me and I will aim to reply within 24 hours.
Enquiries welcomed from EAP providers.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer appointments during the day time, evening and where possible at a weekend.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|