Karen Corbett. MBACP. (Life Matters Therapy)
07739 308345 / 07739 308345
You may feel nervous about talking to a therapist or counsellor, or you do not know what to expect? Maybe you have experienced therapy or counselling before and recognise that you need to make contact again? You might have been struggling for a number of years hoping that time will heal and things are not getting any better?
If you are considering therapy, then you have already taken an important step towards feeling better. If you have suffered a traumatic experience, you already know the root of your feelings, or if you do not understand your feelings, I can help you to overcome a wide range of concerns and empower you with the skills to maintain happier more fulfilled life.
Whether you are tired of feeling stuck, overwhelmed, unsatisfied, anxious or depressed, if you feel lost and need some direction, or if you simply want a better life and better relationships.
As an integrative counsellor, I draw from a variety of theories so we may work together according to your needs and personality.
- Common issues could include:
low mood / depression / stress / anxiety / generalised anxiety disorder / panic disorder / panic attacks / post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd) / postnatal depression / low self-confidence / low self-esteem / ill health / cancer / dementia / carer support / abuse / physical abuse / emotional abuse / sexual abuse / domestic abuse / anger management / loss / bereavement / family issues / relationship issues / affairs and betrayals / separation and divorce / child related issues / body issues / eating disorders / binge-eating disorder / body dysmorphic disorder / bulimia nervosa / self-harm / abortion / addiction / sex addiction / drug abuse / alcoholism / gambling / hoarding / obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) / attachment disorder / phobias / trauma / bullying / work related stress / redundancy / career / dreams
...or maybe you just do not feel like yourself?
What kind of counsellor am I?
- Someone who is non-judgemental, supportive and open-minded.
- Someone who welcomes the opportunity to work with cultural differences and diversity.
- Someone who can offer you a welcoming and reflective space in which you can be heard.
- Someone who is sensitive but can challenge you when appropriate.
- Someone who interacts with you in order to assist with insight into yourself and your feelings.
- Someone who understands the importance of being heard and understood.
- Someone who cares and is passionate about helping others to create positive change.
How am I different?
I believe in people as individuals with differing needs, and my approach supports people to find the confidence to live an authentic and happier life, which I will work with at the same time as addressing a any presenting issues or difficulties you are struggling with. I work holistically to get to the root of any underlying issues or feelings of dissatisfaction that are presented on the surface. I will also assist in encouraging you to accept and value who you are, in order to live a fulfilled and authentic life.
''Am I living in a way which is deeply satisfying to me and which truly expresses me''? Carl R Rogers
I work in a comfortable room in a beautiful building, centrally located, with easy transport links on Deansgate, Manchester. For those with mobility issues or other preferences, I also offer online and Skype counselling. If you are interested in finding out more, then I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have by telephone or email. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
'Life Matters Counselling & Talking Therapy'
Karen Corbett. Dip Counselling. MSc.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) member using an Integrative approach.
I have experience of working with clients aged 18+ with a range of presenting issues.
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (working towards Accreditation)
- Level 4 Professional Diploma (Therapeutic Counselling)
- Level 3 Certificate (Counselling Skills)
- Level 2 Certificate (Counselling Concepts)
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Life Coaching
- Mindfulness techniques
Previous educational qualifications:
- MSc Sociology
- 1st class honours in Sociology
- Advanced Level 5 Cognitive Behavioural Studies (CBT)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
As a registered member of the BACP, I work to the Framework of Ethics and Practice. I also hold professional insurance cover for my practice. I am committed to supporting my clients to the very best of my abilities and for this reason I undertake regular training to continue my own professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
Initial telephone assessment: Free
Face to Face Sessions: £45
Skype Sessions: £35
Telephone Sessions: £30 (Short-term work only)
Concessions negotiable for those on low income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and PM sessions available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|