Karen Corbett MBACP (Life Matters Therapy)
Life Matters Therapy
109 Portland Street
It is likely you are viewing my page because you are tired of feeling stuck, overwhelmed, unsatisfied, anxious or depressed. If you feel lost and need direction, you need to understand your thoughts and feelings, adopt coping strategies, or if you simply want a better life and better relationships; considering therapy means you have already taken a step towards improving your life.
It is natural if you feel nervous about talking therapy, or you do not know what to expect? Maybe you have experienced counselling before and need to make contact again? You might have been struggling for a number of years hoping that time will heal and things are not getting any better?
Whether you have suffered a traumatic experience, you already know the root of your feelings, or if you do not understand your feelings, As an integrative counsellor and coach, I draw from a variety of theories so we may work together according to your needs and personality
low mood / depression / stress / anxiety / generalised anxiety disorder / panic disorder / panic attacks / post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd) / postnatal depression / low self-confidence / low self-esteem / ill health / cancer / dementia / carer support / abuse / physical abuse / emotional abuse / sexual abuse / domestic abuse / anger management / loss / bereavement / family issues / relationship issues / affairs and betrayals / separation and divorce / child related issues / body issues / self-harm / abortion / addiction / obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) / phobias / trauma / bullying / work related stress / redundancy / career / dreams / putting others first
...or maybe you just do not feel like yourself?
What kind of counsellor am I?
- Someone who is non-judgemental, supportive and open-minded.
- Someone who welcomes the opportunity to work with cultural differences and diversity.
- Someone who can offer you a welcoming and reflective space in which you can be heard.
- Someone who is sensitive but can challenge you when appropriate.
- Someone who interacts with you in order to assist with insight into yourself and your feelings.
- Someone who understands the importance of being heard and understood.
- Someone who cares and is passionate about helping others to create positive change.
How am I different?
I believe in people as individuals with differing needs and this is reflected in my approach to each person. I work holistically to get to the root of any underlying issues or feelings of dissatisfaction that are presented on the surface.
My work will assist you to find yourself, accept and value yourself, be yourself, and grow as a person. I will support you to find confidence to live an authentic, more fulfilled and happier life, and address any issues or difficulties you are struggling with.
''Am I living in a way which is deeply satisfying to me and which truly expresses me''? Carl R Rogers
I work in a comfortable room, centrally located in Manchester, with easy transport links. For those with mobility issues or other preferences, I also offer online and Skype counselling. If you are interested in finding out more, then I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have by telephone or email. I look forward to hearing from you. www.lifematterstherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
'Life Matters Therapy'
Karen Corbett. Dip Counselling. MSc.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP) Registered using an Integrative approach.
I have experience of working with clients aged 18+ with a range of presenting issues.
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (working towards Accreditation)
- Level 4 Professional Diploma (Therapeutic Counselling)
- Level 3 Certificate (Counselling Skills)
- Level 2 Certificate (Counselling Concepts)
- Accredited Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Accredited Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction
- Certificate in Life Coaching
Previous educational qualifications:
- MSc Sociology
- 1st class honours in Sociology
- Anxiety UK approved therapist
- Teaching clients Mindfulness techniques
- NICE certificate in Anxiety Disorders
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Relational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
- Counselling Risk Assessments and Audits
As a registered member of the BACP, I work to the Framework of Ethics and Practice. I also hold professional insurance cover for my practice. I am committed to supporting my clients to the very best of my abilities and for this reason I undertake regular training to continue my own professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am also a qualified Hypnotherapist and Coach.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
Initial telephone assessment: Free
Face to Face Sessions: £45
Walk and Talk Session: £40
Skype Sessions: £35
Telephone Sessions: £30 (Short-term work only)
Concessions negotiable for students or those on low income.
''Karen was extremely helpful and helped me sort out a lot of problems I've had for a long time, I feel like a much better adjusted human being since going''.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and PM sessions available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|