Justyna Isobel Matejek
...Life can be really hard sometimes and can feel unbearable. I have been there too and felt like the sky is falling on me. I reached for counselling, Person Centred in particular, and I have become a better version of me. Enriched, enhanced and fully functioning....
...Now I am BA MBACP Person-Centred, Humanistic Counsellor and Dance and Movement Therapist, passionate, open minded, experienced, with a range of knowledge and evidence base in the therapeutic field. And no, I am not perfect, I make mistakes and learn from them every day. I am a human being like you. I encourage in people authenticity and acceptance, empathy and patience, self-respect and awareness. Freedom from conditions of worth, negativity and fear. Acceptance of own imperfections and limits, self-understanding and self-listening. I work with verbal and non-verbal expression, body energy and body language, I use themes of "sensing, grounding, expressing, releasing, connecting and completing" in relation to the self and the world.
I work in a beautiful and friendly environment in Colchester Town Center, always making sure that you feel free and safe to express whatever comes to mind and the body. I facilitate simplicity, kindness and warmth in our meetings.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling Studies - University of Essex
Dip. Person-centred Counselling - University of Essex
- MBACP- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Dance of Awareness Practitioner from Brighton School for Embodied Therapy. trained by pioneers of Body Psychotherapy and Dance and Movement Therapy in the UK - Clare Osbond and Tim Brown,
- over 10 years of experience in working towards positive emotional and physical wellbeing.
- (depression, anxiety, grief, eating disorders, body image issues,
- Counselling in English and Polish
- Working within BACP Ethical Framework (www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I work with the breath and body related problems, muscle tension, bodily symptoms. I also implement creative techniques and mindfulness to my therapy. I am a pluralistic, person-centred counsellor, who uses the broad knowledge to find the best solution for your concerns.
Photos & videos
£20- £35 per individual session
£40-£90 per group session
I have created my own model of work: BodyMind Counselling "BMC"
What is "BMC"
The “BMC” is a safe and non-directive process where autonomous freedom of expression and choice informs your direction.I will guide you throughout the session as you develop further your person-centred relationship. We will work with the body and mind holistically. I hold the belief that body speaks its stories, and communicates its emotions, feelings, and experiences, therefore working with both body and mind may increase self-understanding, self-awareness and help in gaining an insight into your own embodied presence.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available Monday to Friday 9am-3pm at the moment, but the availability is a subject to change
Types of client