Justyna Isobel Matejek BA(Hons) Counselling, MBACP, Dance/Body Therapist
I work with anxiety, depression, psychosomatic conditions, fatigue, IBS, relationship issues, loss, and more.
I am BA MBACP Person-Centred, Humanistic Counsellor Body and Dance and Movement Therapist, passionate, open minded, experienced, highly knowledgeable, with a range of techniques that can help you to get better.
Our first session is always informative and for you to decide if you wish to continue seeing me. You are welcomed and safe here.
If you looking for someone experienced and professional, empathic and understanding, who can help you gain mental, physical and spiritual clarity and become healthier and happier in life you have reached the right counsellor.
I work in a beautiful and friendly environment in Colchester Town Center, always making sure that you feel free and safe to express whatever comes to mind and the body. I facilitate simplicity, truthfulness, kindness and warmth in our meetings.
....Life can be really hard sometimes and can feel unbearable. We all have been there too and felt like the sky is falling on us. Counselling can help you to overcome this time, find meaning and clarity.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling Studies - University of Essex
Dip. Person-centred Counselling - University of Essex
- MBACP- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Dance of Awareness Practitioner from Brighton School for Embodied Therapy. trained by pioneers of Body Psychotherapy and Dance and Movement Therapy in the UK - Clare Osbond and Tim Brown,
- Child Psychology Diploma
- over 10 years of experience in working towards positive emotional and physical wellbeing.
- (depression, anxiety, grief, eating disorders, body image issues,
- Counselling in English and Polish
- Working within BACP Ethical Framework (www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I work with the breath and body related problems, muscle tension, bodily symptoms. I also implement creative techniques and mindfulness to my therapy.
- facilitating group work
- offering group movement and relaxation sessions
Photos & videos
first session (initial meeting up and contract) £20/h
Low-cost counselling: £25/h (students, if you have low income)
full cost £35/h
£40-£60 / 1.5h per group session
short-term counselling, 6 sessions - 30£/ 1h session ( CBT based)
BodyMind Counselling "BMC"
What is "BMC"
The “BMC” is a safe and non-directive process where autonomous freedom of expression and choice informs your direction. However, I will guide you throughout the session to help you acknowledge and bring to awareness your bodily functions.The body speaks its stories, and communicates its emotions, feelings, and experiences, therefore working with both body and mind will help you to increase self-understanding, self-awareness and help in gaining an insight into your own embodied presence. You will have more resources in self-care and gain a greater understanding of how the mind affects the body and how to heal from different mental health conditions through working with the body.
BMC process is excellent for psychosomatic conditions such as anxiety, depression, IBS, other psychosomatic conditions. Also, this model helps in healing from trauma.
Participation in BMC sessions not only will help you to cope with anxiety, depression and other psychosomatic conditions but will contribute to your personal development and will change your life into better, more fulfilled existence.
1.5h session cost £45
1h session £20 for the booking 6 sessions in advance ( offer ends February 2018)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available -Flexible, mornings, afternoon, evenings, all depends on the schedule.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|