Justin Lee - MBACP (Accred) Counsellor / Psychotherapist
Hello, I am registered and accredited as a Counsellor / Psychotherapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). My registration status is at http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/. Certificate no.1230112.
Over the past 13 years I have practised adult counselling within the NHS, education and voluntary sectors and in private practice. I also have a working background in children's services and educational settings, including schools, the NSPCC and Childline services. I am a highly experienced young persons counsellor. I continue to provide therapeutic support to adults, children and young people via private practice and within community and educational settings. My work gives me the opportunity to work with people of all ages from a variety of different backgrounds. I have a current and up to date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS), previously known as CRB, this permits me to work with vulnerable adults, children and young people.
I am able to work with a range of issues. I am able to help people who suffer with depression and generalised anxiety, panic, low self-esteem, stress, loss of confidence, bereavement and people experiencing relationship issues including separation, divorce or family proceedings. At such times it can help to talk with someone who is non-judgemental, to look for the way forward that best suits you, helping you to get 'back on track'.
As your counsellor I will provide a safe and confidential environment where you will feel listened to, accepted and understood, where the conditions of counselling, including having regular meetings will help a therapeutic relationship to develop. My approach includes sensitive listening, open exploration, interactive engagement, respectful challenge and mutual participation in the process. Having counselling can offer an immediate response to personal difficulties and where underlying difficulties can be revealed and explored in a safe and person to person way, where together we can address them and where the crisis will abate. You may wish to explore how the past is impacting on the present - where we lose contact with ourselves and get ‘stuck’ using our familiar coping mechanisms and patterns of relating that may no longer be helpful. Where appropriate I work in the "here and now", drawing from humanistic traditions as well as with the relational and analytic approaches looking at the patterns we get stuck in and how these might relate to our past experiences.
I work as an integrative counsellor which means my approach draws upon the main psychological theories and models of counselling. As your counsellor I am able to offer a combined integrative approach to therapy which brings together different elements from the main therapeutic psychological disciplines, including but not limited to, person-centred, psycho-dynamic and cognitive behaviour models such as CBT. I also draw on mindfulness based approaches (MBA) which can compliment counselling and psychotherapy and can introduce elements of mindfulness such as MBCT / MBSR for depression and stress and CBT to our work, if that suits you. I take the view there is no specific approach that will help each person in all situations and as I believe a person’s situation can be explored in many different ways and I am able to adapt the therapy to meet your needs and your unique situation.
I can provide short and longer-term therapy depending on your needs and requirements which can be discussed and agreed during our first session and then regularly explored throughout our work together. I maintain the highest standard of confidentiality within my work. My work is fully supervised, insured and I abide by the BACP code of conduct and ethical practice.
Please contact me by email, telephone or text if you would like to arrange a first appointment and if you would like to discuss anything in more detail.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited / Registered Counsellor / Psychotherapist (Certificate no.1230112)
- UKRCP registered
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Level 1, 2, 3 & 4 Certificate / Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- Certificate in Childline Counselling
- I have continued professional development in the following areas: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT); Mindfulness for stress reduction and depression MBSR & MBCT); Play therapy for children / adolescents; Thera-play for parents / teachers; Bereavement and loss; Supporting people affected by domestic violence; Supporting adult survivors of childhood abuse; Parental mental illness; Child and adolescent mental health; Child development; Risk assessment and suicide; Child protection including safeguarding in education and voluntary sectors.
- I have 13 years experience as a therapist, having worked within the NHS, education, schools and social care sectors and in private practice. I continue to work in schools and in private practice.
- I have worked with adults and young people for many years within organisations and private practice. I have previously worked within the NHS and so am experienced in working within the general frame of practice and referrals from GP’s. I currently work within charities, education and school settings and the social care sector and within private practice.
- In addition to working with adults, I currently work with children and adolescents in schools who have mild to moderate emotional and psychological difficulties and adolescents who have developmental disorders including autism and I can provide parenting consultancy in addition to any individual therapies offered.
- I have extensive experience of working with adults who are affected by childhood abuse including adult survivors of sexual abuse. I have many years experience of working for the NSPCC and being involved in many commissioned services following Operation Yewtree and other independent abuse inquiries and have undertaken training relevant to this area of work.
- I also specialise in working with adults and children affected by separation and divorce and where there are concerns for children and where there may be family court proceedings.
- I have a current and up to date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS), previously known as CRB, this permits me to work with vulnerable adults, children and young people.
- I adhere to the BACP codes of conduct and safe ethical practice and I maintain the highest standard of confidentiality within my work. I am listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists which is the first psychological therapists register to be accredited under a scheme set up by the Department of Health.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£40 for each 50 minute session
I can offer concessionary rates for people on a low income and students including trainee counsellors.
I am a registered practitioner with several leading health care insurers / providers.
Telephone counselling, email counselling and home visits can be arranged.
Chingford E4 and South Woodford E18. (Both locations are within easy walking distances from rail, tube and or bus connections).
I have full and comprehensive private indemnity insurance with a leading insurer.
Most major insurances are accepted. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance and or employee assistance provider (EAP).
A minimum of 24 hours notice is required to avoid being charged the full fee for the missed session.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss anything in more detail without obligation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|