Julita Ostrowska, PG Dip, Member of BACP and Polish Psychologists' Association
2 Warwick Crescent
I am an experienced counsellor, psychotherapist and workshop facilitator offering both short and long-term individual counselling and psychotherapy. Currently I am working only via Skype.
I work in English, Polish and Italian.
I offer confidential, non-judgemental and supportive counselling and psychotherapy, emphasising the independence of clients and providing a safe environment to explore their feelings. I strongly believe that it is important to develop or restore the client’s ability to be self-directing within therapy and all aspects of life. I work with clients from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, and of all ages, from aged 18 upwards.
I studied Transpersonal Psychotherapy but I take an integrative approach that embraces major therapeutic approaches: Psychodynamic, Person-Centred, Existential and Transpersonal. I believe taking an eclectic and inclusive approach to psychotherapy theory is a powerful way of exploring the complexity of a human life, with the potential to lead to deep understanding of the issues presenting themselves during therapy. Taking an integrative approach provides the therapist with a range of different tools to utilise with different clients – enabling each course of therapy to be tailored to someone’s specific needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy at Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE), London
- Certificate in Fundamentals in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE), London
Prior to beginning my private practice I carried out both short and long term work for:
- Umbrella – the mental health charity, Belsize Park, London
- The Caravan – Drop-In Counselling Service, Piccadilly, London
- Women’s Trust, Ladbroke Grove, London
- FreshStart Psychotherapy, Little Venice, London
I have also completed:
- A clinical placement at The Cassel Hospital, specialising on ESPD Service (emerging & severe personality disorders), Richmond, London.
- Four full day courses covering the psychiatric DSM(IV) handbook.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- £35 Initial Assessment
- £45 Day time individual counselling or psychotherapy
- £50 Evening( from 6pm) individual counselling or psychotherapy
- £45 Skype session
Concessionary spaces may be available (£40) upon request for students, the unwaged, or for those with a low income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish, Italian|
Skype sessions only until June 2016
Types of client