Julie Wells Dip Couns, MBACP
9 All Saints Road
01638664497 / 07886797564
Hello and welcome.
Hi. I offer counselling support to men, women, and young people who are trying to make sense of what's going on or make changes in their lives. I am based at the LIfestuff Counselling Centre in Newmarket.
I work with people facing challenges from all kinds of issues including depression, anxiety, bereavement and loss, physical, emotional and sexual abuse, self harm, addiction (including internet pornography), low self esteem, sexual identity, body image and weight and eating challenges. I am an LGBT affirmative counsellor and I have undertaken training in working with transgender people.
My work with young people from the age of 13 upwards has helped them resolve problems they are experiencing with body image and eating challenges, self harm, anger, bullying, family difficulties, and low self esteem and low mood.
Over the past few years I have become particularly interested in working with people with issues around Eating Disorders, and challenges around weight, body image and eating. My training through the NCFED and the Institute of Psychology for Eating has been comprehensive and wide reaching drawing on nutritional, psychological and behavioural inputs to offer informed, balanced and safe ways of working with these issues.
I work with Mind-Body Nutrition which goes far beyond classical nutrition by focusing on the connections between brain, body, and behaviour and reveals how stress physiology, the relaxation response, breathing, awareness, pleasure, meal timing and much more profoundly influence digestion and calorie burning. And it offers practical and results-oriented strategies for the most commonly seen eating challenges and health issues of our times.
Training, qualifications & experience
My counselling experience includes working:
- with adolescents as a voluntary counsellor at a secondary school in Cambridge
- with bereaved people for Cruse Bereavement Care, Cambridge,
- with staff at 2 private special schools
- in private practice with adults and young people
- as a volunteer counsellor with The Cogwheel Trust, Cambridge.
Training & Qualifications:-
- Higher National Diploma in Counselling Level 4
- Certificate in Motivational Therapeutic Interventions Level 4
- Counselling Skills and Theory Level 2
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Obesity Management
- Eating Psychology Coach certification from the Institute of Eating Psychology
- Current DBS check
CPD in working with
- OCD and compulsive hoarding
- Transgender issues
- Internet Porn addiction
- Adult survivors of childhood abuse
- Weight Loss and nutrition
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with clients Individually, Face to face, Skype, Email, Telephone and Text. I offer weekday and evening appointments.
General counselling: £45 for a 50 minute session.
I work from Lifestuff Counselling Centre in All Saints Road, Newmarket. The counselling rooms are comfortable, welcoming and easily reached by car, foot, cycle or public transport (we have secure cycle storage).There is inexpensive parking available in All Saints Car Park, 50 yards from the centre.
Although unfortunately we can't cater fully for wheelchair users, we do have ground floor counselling rooms and a downstairs toilet and we will make every effort to support less mobile clients.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekdays, evenings and some weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|