Dr Julie Cooke CPsychol, DClinPsy, HCPC registered
Natural Therapies Clinic
11a Kingsholm Road
I am a Clinical Psychologist located in Gloucestershire, offering psychological therapies to help individuals overcome a range of emotional, behavioural or relational difficulties.
My areas of specialism include:
- Low mood/depression
- Anxiety - obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), phobias, panic attacks
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Low confidence and self esteem issues
- Self harm
- Emotional difficulties that may lead to physical symptoms/medically unexplained symptoms
- Working with those who feel 'stuck' with difficulties they view as being long-term or entrenched
- Difficulties making/sustaining relationships
- Working with those who have experienced trauma/abuse
- Working with those who care for others to find room for themselves
- Helping those who are highly self-critical to allow themselves greater care and compassion
- Working with individuals to help them to become more assertive
My extensive training enables me to draw on multiple psychological theories and frameworks, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I use these to help people explore and develop a psychological understanding of themselves, to guide/focus therapy, understand why they feel 'stuck' and develop areas for change.
I place great value on creating a safe, compassionate and authentic relationship with those I work with. I am a professional psychologist, but fundamentally I am human being, with an intrinsic drive for people to be who they want to be. I aim to help people work towards an enriching, fulfilling life in which they can fully seek and follow their needs, desires and motivations.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist specialising in providing psychological therapy for adults with a range of emotional, behavioural or relational difficulties.
I have a doctorate in Clinical Psychology and I am a chartered member of the British Psychological Society, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. I have completed a year of additional specialist psychotherapy training in Experiential Dynamic Therapy. This is a short-term psychodynamic model. For more information about this model please see www.edt-uk.com.
I have been working in different psychological teams, both NHS and charitable organisations since 2007. In addition to private practice, I work for the NHS in Gloucestershire, offering individual psychological therapy to adults, in addition to running group interventions and offering supervision to other professionals in the service.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Individual sessions are charged at £60 for self-referred clients. Other referral sources (e.g. insurance companies/employers) will be charged more.
Concessionary rates are available.
Payment is taken at the end of each session, by cash, cheque or credit/debit card.
For further, more detailed information about me and the services I offer please visit my website: www.glospsychology.co.uk/
If you would like to talk more about starting therapy please contact me and we can talk through what you would like some help with and arrange an initial session. If you're feeling a bit unsure about therapy and would like some more information to help you decide, please get in touch. Any conversations we have before an initial session would be free of charge.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|