Sheppey Counselling Service - Julie Clark
Seashells Childrens and Families Ce
My name is Julie and I am a qualified humanistic counsellor, with experience in many areas of counselling including anxiety, depression and relationship issues.
i offer individual counselling and couples counselling.
My approach is person-centred, supporting you to understand how you see yourself and the world around you. I believe that only you have the expertise to understand your feelings, and I hope to create a safe space in which you can feel accepted and understood, and talk about anything that may concern you without judgement or fear. By working in this way, we are able to explore how you feel about your life currently, and how you would like it to be.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and I adhere to their ethical framework.
As your counsellor I will:
- listen carefully and emphatically to what you have to say
- provide a safe and confidential environment
- work with you to address your needs and make the changes you want
- respect your independence and individuality
I will not:
- advise you on how to live your life
- make judgements about how you live your life
- share the content of our sessions with others
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you require further information about myself or my counselling practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have completed the following course
Level 4 Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
Currently working towards my Accreditation
Couples counselling certificate
EMDR Part 1 training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
My fees are as follows:
- 1st session – £20 with no commitments.
- Subsequent sessions – £35 for 1 hour
Payment is due, in cash at the end of each session.
If you are able to give 24hrs notice when cancelling a session, I will waive the fee. Missed sessions without notice will be charged at half price.
The Low Cost/Donation based service on Wednesdays is currently fully booked and there is a waiting list.
Please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|