Julie Andrews - BACP Accredited Counsellor
Circle Offices Ltd
2 Victoria Avenue
Hello, thank you for checking out my page entry.
I am an experienced BACP accredited therapist - Registered MBACP (Accred).
I qualified in 1993 and I love my job.
I'm a warm, friendly, and highly experienced therapist in and around London. Today’s hectic world can weigh us down with stresses, strains and anxiety – whether it’s family issues, workplace difficulties or ill-health, it can often be hard to cope.You may have seen your GP who has told you that you have generalised anxiety disorder, or you may be totally fed up with yourself. I enable people of all ages to get through those tough times, and equip them to face and effectively manage those issues in the future too.
I believe that everyone can benefit from a session of counselling.
Please feel free to give me a call, this way we can have a quick chat and see if counselling might help.
Heres some info about my education.
- Integrative Counselling Diploma
- I trained at the Gestalt Centre (Post-Graduate Certificate Gestalt Psychotherapy Theory)
- Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling at Goldsmiths University
- Integrative Clinical Supervision Certificate at Regent’s University London
- Face to face counselling in London SE12, EC2, WC2, EC1
- ‘Walking therapy’ local parks
- Supervision -individual & group work
- Freelance training at City Lit offering day workshops on ‘Introduction to Gestalt Counselling’
- Facilitating therapeutic Personal Development Diploma groups.
I work with lots of different people dealing with all kinds of areas such as: high achievers, burn-out, bereavement, trauma, parenting, relationships, plus ongoing personal development.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like any further details.
Training, qualifications & experience
Here's some of my training & more recent examples of my continual professional development (CPD).
The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) require a certain number of hours per year for training and awareness raising. I regularly exceed this.
My role is as an individual counsellor/ therapist/ supervisor/ trainer and a personal development facilitator.
- Diploma in Counselling (AEB) CSCT 1993
- Introduction to Sex Therapy Birkbeck College 1995
- Certificate in Sports Psychology Birkbeck College 1995
- Post Graduate Certificate in Gestalt Psychotherapy Theory Studies The Gestalt Centre 1998
- Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling Goldsmiths University of London 2011
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Regents University London 2013
- Group Facilitation Course - City Lit Institute 2011
- Conflict, Challenge and Confrontation in Groups The Gestalt Centre 2014
- Developing Effective Group Facilitation - The Gestalt Centre 2015
- Group Facilitation Training Intensive - The Gestalt Centre 2016
- Walking Therapy around local park areas to South East London.
- Working with Trauma
- Trauma and EMDR
- Trauma and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Trainer Forum for the Black and Asian Therapy network
- Narcissists and Their Children: Made Not Born.
- Understanding and recognising sex addiction – BACP
- The Impact of Personal Loss on Psychotherapy and Counselling with the Bereaved.
- Understanding Motivation & How People Change, an Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (2 day)
- Intergenerational Trauma Conference
- Delivering Excellence/Transforming for the Future
- Introduction to Coaching
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Working with Critical Incidents
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Managing Difficult Situations in the Classroom
- Working with Identity and Difference
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Walking Therapy - 'walk and talk', its an amazing new idea to take counselling out of the counselling room. Allowing you to walk and be outside whilst talking about how you are feeling.
I am available to run groups to work with any issues you may be having, for example not communicating within your team.
I offer supervision to counsellors, therapists and anyone who works within the helping professions.
An assessment is the first thing to do, this lasts an hour price dependent on your income.
After this session, we can discuss fees, they range from £55 - £80 depending on location.
Hither Green (home practice)
I can offer a student discount or low cost therapy, most likely at my home practice.
I am very happy to discuss this - please give me a call 07986589689
Please feel free to check my website which is www.citycounsel.co.uk or give me a call 07986589689
- I feel it is important for me to say that I work in an ethical way, that means confidential, my work is regularly assessed to make sure that I am working appropriately.
- As a person, I am open minded in-fact fairly unshockable.
- I love my job and I am always interested in how I can best support you psychologically.
- Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, there's never a silly question in my book.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon 08:00 - 14:00 in WC2 Tues 17:00 - 21:00 in EC1 Weds 09:00 - 14:00 in EC2 Thur 07:30 - 14:00 in SE12. Other slots are always possible @ my home practice in SE12. Friday -unavailable.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision up until recently has been solely for counsellors/therapists .View supervision profile