Julia Cox Registered MBACP
The Living Health
2-6 North Parade
Choosing a suitable counsellor is a big decision; it is therefore important to find a therapist you feel able to talk openly with. I am an experienced and qualified counsellor offering one to one counselling with a caring, confidential, non judgemental approach.
My training is accredited by the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) of which I am a member. I adhere to their code of ethics and have regular supervision to ensure safe practice is maintained.
My role as a counsellor and commitment to continual professional development is something I am passionate about. I have gained experience of supporting adults and young people with a variety of issues in my role as a Private Practitioner and as a volunteer counsellor working for Place2be, CASY (Counselling for children and young adults) ISAS (Incest and sexual abuse survivors) and CRUSE Bereavement Care.
I am a qualified trainer and hold a Professional Qualification In The Therapeutic Use Of Mindfulness.
I use an integrative approach where the foundations of my work lie in Person-centred counselling. Therefore the work we do together will be led by you and your unique requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Domestic Violence Awareness Training
- Supporting children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Cruse Bereavement
- PODS Living with Dissociation (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
- Understanding and Working effectively with GAD (Generalised Anxiety Dissorder) in Low Intensity CBT
- Attachment & Loss
- ASIST (Applied suicide intervention skills trained)
- ISAS (Incest and Sexual Abuse Survivors)
- Self Harm & Working with Self Harm Certificate
- Promoting Positive Body Image
- Short Child and Adolescent Mental Health Programme (SCAMHP)
- Award in Education and Training
- I have an enhanced DBS certificate
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
Each session will last 60 minutes. The frequency of the sessions will be agreed by the two of us. You are free to end the sessions at any time.
£35 per 60 minute session.
I offer an initial 30 minute consultation at a cost of £15 where you can ask questions, talk about your hopes, fears and expectations about counselling and decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
Please note all all payment must be by cheque or cash Payable on the day.
The counselling sessions are held within
Living Health 2-6 North Parade, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG31 8AN
Disability: Please contact me to discuss any special requirements you may have.
To get in touch, you can either telephone, email or text me and I will respond as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Tuesdays and Fridays between 9am - 6pm I also have some evening appointments available throughout the week
Types of client