Judith Woolfall MSc PgDip MBACP (Reg)
Hello, my name is Judy. I am a qualified and experienced integrative counsellor adhering to the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists Ethical Framework for Good Practice (BACP, 2016). I work collaboratively using therapeutic approaches that suits your specific emotional needs, ranging from the Person-Centred approach, Psychodynamic therapy through to EMDR. I will help you to develop your self-awareness, sense of self, and empower you by gaining an understanding of how and why you react to certain situations, in turn, enabling you to manage your emotions and life more effectively. Additionally, understanding why you make certain choices that may not always be in your best interests. Discovering yourself through therapy will facilitate this awareness, subsequently enabling you to find yourself, understand yourself, and ultimately lead you to value and accept yourself. I firmly believe that everyone has something in them to value and nurture and that no one is beyond help. I believe that everyone deserves a chance to be happy and to live a rich and peaceful life. I understand it is not always easy asking for help, however, if you are reading this you have already taken the first step. I am here to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master's degree in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Postgrad diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Professional diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)
I have experience working with a range of emotional issues. So if you're feeling depressed, anxious, or are a survivor of sexual abuse, suffering from a loss or bereavement, have low self-esteem or confidence issues, self-harming or having relationship problems, then I will work with you, helping you to discover yourself, to understand yourself as I help you work through this difficult emotional time.
I also work using EMDR therapy, which is really helpful when working on trauma related issues, PTSD, OCD and phobias, and is endorsed by NICE (2005) and the World Health Organisation (WHO, 2013) for the treatment of PTSD.
I have extensive experience of working with bereavement and loss, having worked for Cruse bereavement care for over 2 years. Losing a loved one can be life changing and I can support a person to mange these changes, as ultimately one doesn't simply 'get over' their loss, they learn to cope and live life in a different way. I also appreciate loss comes in many forms; death of a partner or family member, a pet, a relationship, job, or maybe a lifestyle. I can help.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR (Eye Movement desensitisation reprocessing)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Students: £30.00 per hour.
- Individual: £40.00 per hour.
- EMDR: £50.00 per hour (May need more than an hour for your first session)
- I have undergone EMDR training under the instruction of Dr Derek Farrell who is the president of EMDR UK and Ireland. This was an amazing course that increased my understanding of the complexity and workings of the brain. It opened my eyes to a different way of working therapeutically, by physically moving the trauma/unhelpful memory to a place within the brain where it becomes simplified and much more manageable.
- I passionately believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship. My initial training in the person-centred approach ensures the core conditions of empathy, congruence and UPR (unconditional positive regard) are always at the forefront of my mind. So whichever therapeutic approach is needed to best support a person, it's important to me that the individual feels accepted and valued.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work from home and am available to see you on an evening and/or weekends if that is more convenient for you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|