Judith Thompson : Registered MBACP
01613570154 / 07854 946995
Most of us at one time or another experience situations that we find difficult to cope with. Sometimes we get to a point where we can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel and this is where, I believe, counselling can make such a difference.
I am a Person-centred counsellor, registered with the BACP and work within their ethical framework.
I have worked with clients who have been experiencing difficulties with many issues including anxiety, stress, anger, depression, bereavement, abuse, work- related issues, domestic violence and relationship issues. I have experience of working with students studying for a counselling qualification and I have also worked with young people in a High School setting.
I have worked for many years now for a Bolton charity that provides counselling for NHS referrals as well as self referrals for a wide range of issues.
Counselling offers a safe place to get to know yourself a little better. You will not be judged, given advice or told what to do, but you’ll be given time to explore your thoughts and feelings, in a safe environment, to help you get some balance back into your life.
It would be a privilege for me to work with you towards this aim.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts certificate
- Level 3 Counselling Skills certificate
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Safeguarding Children
- BSc. Hons in Psychology
- CBT Diploma
Further training includes
- Understanding Anxiety
- Bereavement counselling
- Working with anger and passivity in counselling
- Dreams in Counselling: A Gestalt approach
- Practicing Mindfulness ( awareness)
- Understanding and Supporting People Who Self Harm
- NLP practitioner training
- The Impact of Sexual Violence
- Recognising and Responding To Clients With Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Initial assessment without obligation: £20
1 hour session: £40 per session
Reduced fee for seniors and students £25
Daytime, evening and week-end appointments available.
Car parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and week-end sessions available.