John Halkett MBACP
07555 761389 / 07779859800
I have an awareness of addiction and substance misuse. Diplomatic, displaying a delicate appreciation of others feelings. A relaxed atmosphere is offered to explore sensitive, subtle difficulties. Please feel free to call or email to discuss your situation.
I am currently working independently with children and young people. Use of the Psychosocial stages of development of Erikson is helpful in children as well as adults who may have skipped or jumped or remained in one of the steps.
Other areas of counselling I deal with are an addiction, child abuse and trauma. Child and adult mental health issues.
I have extensive experience of working with complex needs and mental health primarily generalised anxiety disorder which can affect relationship issues. Listen is just silent in another form.
Face to face individual counselling £40 for a 60-minute session. With concessions available.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSC(Hons)Psychology, UWE, 2017
- Trained at Ashley Down College in Bristol on foundation degree affiliated with the University of Gloucestershire in 2012 to 2015.
- Introduction to Substance Misuse, Ashley Down College, 2011.
- Access to H.E. Weston College, 2005
Knowledge of Borderline Personality Disorder
Solution Focused Therapy
Done placement at Nilaari Agency
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Face to face individual counselling £40 for a 60-minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible, mainly weekdays and Saturdays, mainly at times convenient to your requirements.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|