John Fletcher MBACP
19 Church Street
01625 614754 / 07717 336152
I am a professionally qualified Person-Centred Counsellor and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
My work is founded on the experience that, no matter where we find ourselves in life, we always have the potential to work through our problems and make our lives more satisfying, fulfilling and contented.
We can access that potential through experiencing the right therapeutic environment – and it is this environment of trust, understanding, compassion and respect that I aim to provide in my work with adults of all ages.
I work with individuals for a range of initial reasons, such as self-esteem, depression, loss, anxiety, anger, relationships, identity problems, personal growth, and fears over existence and meaning in life. The work we do together also helps make sense of things from the past, so we can move on and forward in life.
It is this journey of personal recovery, self-discovery, growth and transformation that is my passion as a therapist – a journey towards a more fulfilled and contented life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2010/2012 - Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Salford.
- 2008/2009 - Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- I am listed on the BACP Register – which is approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care
- I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling, and receive regular professional supervision
- I carry professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
- Over 6 years counselling experience in both private practice and the voluntary sector.
- I have also spent nearly 20 years working in business, having made a series of life changes in my journey to becoming a counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship issues
- Sex problems
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Existential angst
- The search for meaning in life
For directions see http://www.silkhousetherapypractice.co.uk/find-us.html.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work on Mondays and Fridays at the Silk House Therapy Practice in Macclesfield