Joe-Anne Angus BSc (Hons), BA (Hons), Dip. MIACP
I am a qualified Counsellor/ Psychotherapist and an accredited member of the IACP (Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists). I use an Integrative approach to counselling. This enables me to tailor my approach to create a model that best suits each individual client. I offer a safe, confidential and
non-judgmental environment so that clients are free to explore any issue they choose and at a pace that is comfortable for them.
I work with adults and young people offering face to face, short or long term counselling, and work privately from home.
I offer an initial assessment at a reduced cost of £20 where you can explore any questions or concerns you may have about whether counselling is for you. You are under no obligation to return.
If however you decide to continue with counselling we will go at your pace and together we can identify the issues you want to address and goals you would like to achieve. I will contract with you for a minimum of 4 sessions which will take place on a weekly basis. We will then review our work together and you can decide if you have gotten what you need or if you would like to continue.
Some of the conditions I treat include: Depression & low mood; Anxiety; Low Self Esteem; Grief & Bereavement; Relationship issues; Personal development; Anger Issues and Suicidal thoughts.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
Dip. in Counselling & Psychotherapy
Dip. in Organizational Counselling
Cert. in Gestalt Therapy
- Specialized experience counselling suicidal clients and those bereaved by suicide.
- Member of the Irish Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MIACP).
- I have my own private practice, based at my home.
- I have my own professional indemnity insurance.
- I abide by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- I abide by the IACP ethical framework.
- I attend private supervision to ensure my best practice.
- Experience of working with families and young people with a cancer diagnosis.
- Trained Child Protection Officer.
- I have 15 years’ experience working with young people therapeutically and through delivery of mental health and emotional well-being workshops in schools and the local community.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
The first session is £20 and lasts 50 mins (this will give you the opportunity to decide if counselling is for you)
Sessions thereafter are £40.00 and last one hour.
I offer a reduction for students and also for those on benefits.
I work flexible hours allowing for work shift patterns and family commitments. I am available in the evening and on Saturday mornings. If you have any queries I can be contacted by mobile or email. If you reach my voice mail when I am working, please leave a message as to how and when you wish to be contacted. I will respond to queries asap.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for evening and weekend sessions.
Types of client