Jodie Blackwell - BSc (Hons) MBACP Counsellor/Psychotherapist
07944579717 / 07944 579717
I am a qualified Counsellor with a First Class Honours in Counselling and Psychotherapy, I have a lot of experience working with clients of all ages with high levels of need in challenging life situations.
Many people consider counselling because they are struggling/overwhelmed by some part of their life experience, you may be feeling anxious and/or depressed and sometimes don't even know why.
This is where I can help together in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment we can explore whatever is going on for you.
I understand it can be very daunting contacting a stranger and taking the first step in your counselling journey, therefore, I will do my upmost to make you feel at ease.
I am trained in the person centred approach which is client centred. This type of therapy is non directive. I offer support, help my clients find the answer to or acceptance of their individual experience. I work to understand my clients experience from their point of view, positively valuing them while aiming to be open and genuine. I challenge sensitively when appropriate to do so, this is vital in order to help them feel accepted and better understand their own feelings - essentially helping them reconnect with their inner values and sense of self worth. This reconnection with inner resources can enable a greater clarity, leading to a happier way of being and a feeling of empowerment to move forward making the most of life.
Person centred therapy is widely used in the U.K, is very effective, and is recognised by the NHS, with clients experiencing positive change and growth long after therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) with First Class Honours in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate
- Safeguarding Adults Certificate
- Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Working with Metaphor Certificate
- Delivering Place2Talk Certificate
- Working with Difference and Diversity Certificate
- Hidden Harm (parental substance abuse) Certificate
- Working with sex addiction Certificate
I am currently employed as a school Counsellor aswell as being in private practice. In the past I have also worked within the NHS and the voluntary sector.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, which means I am bound to its ethical framework. I am also continually working on my personal development by attending regular workshops. Furthermore I am fully insured, have a enhanced dbs certificate, and receive regular clinical supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
- The office I work from is in a lovely and quiet location just a few minutes walk from Cheadle Hulme train station.
- Free 30 minutes initial consultation, subsequent sessions are £35 for 60 minutes.
- I offer a discounted rate of £25 to people on a low income/ students and seniors.
- Free 2 hour onsite parking available.
I would love to hear from you whatever your needs may be.
Please feel free to contact me for a chat with no obligation to book a session, whatever you decide I wish you well.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I try to be flexible with my practice please contact me on 07944579717 to check my availability thank you.
Types of client