Joanne Doody BSc MBACP
West Yorkshire Physiotherapy Centre
The Old School House
Hello, Just to tell you a little about me and how I may help............
I am a qualified Counsellor and a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. I have experience of helping people in many different areas namely, low self esteem, depression, anxiety, addiction, abuse, relationship difficulties, post natal depression and bereavement.
Life is difficult and challenging. We have so many hidden expectations not only on ourselves (mostly), but others too. We compare and contrast, live with doubts and fears which can and does lead to sadness and psychological distress. We look for answers from others on how best to live our lives and to bring happiness and yet they are not you?
I offer empathy and a safe space where I listen to what YOU wish to talk about. I do not advise or judge but help and support you on your journey of self empowerment in moving toward healing and moving away from psychological distress.
What should I expect in my first session?
It is completely understandable that you may feel a variety of emotions when meeting me for the first time. Perhaps nervous, anxious, relief or even maybe excited. There is no right or wrong way to feel and you are not alone.
My practice room provides a quiet, safe space for you to talk. The session will usually last an hour where I can listen to you and get to know a little more of why you took the courageous step to seek therapeutic support. Most importantly this will give you an opportunity to see if you if you feel comfortable with me and if it is the right counsellor ‘fit’ for you.
After this first appointment you can then decide if you would like to continue. We can then look at a suitable day and time for further sessions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone or email if you would like to make that first initial contact or to arrange a first appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Degree in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic counselling.
- level 3 in Counselling Skills.
- I have a variety of experience within the helping and therapeutic professions namely, Turning Point Counselling Services in Brighouse, The STAR Project (Surviving Trauma After Rape), Healthy Minds mental health charity in Halifax, Cygnet mental health hospital in Bradford and Calderdale College student counselling services,. I have also worked in the Police Service for ten years specialising in the area of child protection, adult rape and sexual assault and Hate crime. I have been commissioned by West Yorkshire Police Federation to provide Counselling to Police Officers within my private practice.
I am passionate about helping people in psychological distress and I am also committed to my continuous personal development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
£40 per hour.
I am based in Brighouse/Bradford, West Yorkshire. I offer both long and short term counselling work and take appointments during the day, evenings and some weekends too.
The session lasts for an hour and is usually on a weekly basis however I understand that for some there may be differing needs due to availability and distance travelling so please feel free to discuss this with me either by telephone or at our first consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available daytimes, (All evening availability fully booked at this time).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|