Jo Nicholl PG/DipPsy. MBACP
The Serenity Rooms
59a Chesson Road
1-7 Harley Street
07725554728 / 07725554728
INDIVIDUAL and COUPLES COUNSELLING.
As a psychotherapist for 25 years and a specialist in Relationship Therapy andCouples Counselling and ANXIETY,I know how important it is to provide you with a supportive, caring and non-judgmental environment, where together we can make sense and give meaning to the issues that are troubling you.
At certain times everybody finds RELATIONSHIPS difficult and challenging - whether the relationship is intimate, family or work.
AS A COUPLE YOU MAY BE EXPERIENCING
- Constant fighting and disagreement
- The discovery of an affair; betrayal; loss of trust
- sex is no longer enjoyable/frequent enough
- strong tensions in a step-family
- Separation/divorce seems like the only option.
AS AN INDIVIDUAL WANTING A BETTER UNDERSTANDING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS:
These are some of the questions I can help you answer..
- Why do relationships end in fights?
- Why is being vulnerable in a relationship so difficult?
- Does fighting mean the relationship is no good?
- Is infrequent sex a sign the relationship is on the rocks?
- Why is commitment so scary?
By seeking Couples Counselling/Relationship Therapy
- resentments, hurts and breaks of trust can be healed
- fights and arguments become less frequent
- gain insight into patterns which can lead to better communication
- Bring back intimacy and loving feelings
I work with COUPLES and INDIVIDUALS in SWISS COTTAGE, WEST KENSINGTON AND HARLEY ST; During an initial consultation we can discuss the issues that you want to look at and then decide how many session you may need and you can decide if I am the right therapist for you. I offer short and long-term therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (PG/Dip). The London School of Psychotherapy. UK.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Creative Couples Counselling. The Centre for Gender Psychology. UK
- Certificate : Somatic Trauma Therapy. The Cambridge Body Psychotherapy Centre. UK
- Certificate: Understanding Trauma; Principles and Practice. The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, London. UK
- Certificate: Marriage and Personal Counselling (Relate)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- 59a Chesson Rd, London W14:
- Initial consultation: £40
- Subsequent sessions: £60
- Couples: £80
- Consultation: £60
- 1-7 Harley Street, London W1:
- Initial consultation: £45
- Subsequent sessions: £70
- Couples: £90
- Consultation: £70
- 86 Goldhurst Terrace. London NW6 3HS
- Initial Consultation £40
- Subsequent sessions: £65
- Couples: £85
- Consultation: £65
low cost counselling is offered to ex-servicemen and women; and students
Trauma is not what happens to us, but what we hold inside when we are unable to release blocked energies caused by the physical and emotional reaction to hurtful experiences. The affects of trauma may result in anxiety, panic, night terror, depression and physical symptoms.
I am committed to offering safe support to people who have been affected by bereavement, crime, domestic abuse, receiving shocking or tragic news or other traumatic events.
For traumatised individuals to get better, the memory and the knowledge of the events may need to be worked through and integrated into their life, instead of being walled-up and avoided.
COUPLE COUNSELLING. RELATIONSHIP THERAPY
Common Signs Your Relationship Needs Support
- Separation or divorce feels like the only option left open to you
- Violent verbal or pysical outbursts
- Problematic sex; which may mean none at all, or what you do is unsatisfactory for one, or both of you.
- IF YOU:
- Want More Intimacy
- Have discovered an affair; a betrayal, or break of trust
- Are Stuck in arguments and conflict
- Want help being part of a step-family
Couples Counselling helps you to understand each other by improving communication.
It helps you express your feelings as well as your arguments; increasing the ability to regulate emotions when under stress. Hurt feelings, angry resentments and trust ebbing away can be healed as an understanding of your patterns of behaviour is developed. You can become untangled from each other without loosing intimate connections.
THE POWER OF TWO: ONE COUPLE, TWO THERAPISTS: Some couples may feel more comfortable and less intimidated working together with a Specialist Female and Male Team who can provide you with their emotional support, balance and understanding; in which case you can meet with myself and a male colleague, Please contact me for more information or click on Contact and Fees on my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays. 7.30am - 9pm.
Types of client