Joanna Laurens BA(Hons), MA, PGDipCouns, CertCouns, MBACP (Accred)
I offer individual and group counselling/psychotherapy in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Please get in touch with me to find out more and to arrange an initial meeting with no commitment involved. When we meet, we can talk about the different options available to you and consider how your needs might best be met.
Daytime and evening appointments are possible.
For more information, please see my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
I'm a qualified psychodynamic counsellor/therapist and group work practitioner, with experience of working in private practice and higher education.
I'm a fully accredited member of the BACP and associate member of the IGA. I abide by the codes of ethics for these organisations.
My therapeutic training was with the University of Brighton, and I've attended clinical courses at the Institute of Psychoanalysis and the Institute of Group Analysis.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Performance anxiety; stage fright; creative blocks; writers' block; nerves; group therapy; group psychotherapy; group analysis; low cost; pets; depression; anxiety; anger management
Typically £50/session for individual counselling/therapy and £90/month (£22.50/session) for group counselling/therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client