Joanna Burridge BA(Hons); Fd Sc; Reg.MBACP
Hello, I'm Joanna. I am now in my second year of working as a fully qualified counsellor. Before that I completed a sucessful placement within an NHS setting.
Prior work experience includes a range of educational and housing posts, often with a support/mentoring element.
I graduated in 2016 and since then I have set up and managed a counselling team within a young people's charity.
I am a warm and caring counsellor and can offer you a safe space to talk through the challenges you are currently facing and the struggles you may be dealing with at this time. Sometimes things can feel very tricky and we may feel that situations are hopeless, but working with a counsellor can be positive as it allows us to work through issues in a safe non-judgemental space at a pace that suits us. I am able to walk alongside you on your journey.
Sometimes taking that initial step can feel really hard, but sometimes the smallest step can be the start of a personal journey of change and growth.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Foundation Degree in Counselling - Fd Sc - Bath Spa 2016
- I have completed a short course on grief and loss counselling
- CPD has included suicidal ideation, counselling people with Asperger's syndrome and working creatively.
- I have a Mental Health First Aid qualification and also completed an ASIST course. (applied suicide intervention skills training)
- As well as my BACP general membership I am a divisional member of the children and young people, Spirituality and Private Practice sections.
- As I am an integrative counsellor I am comfortable working with a range of counselling approaches in order to support my clients. We will work together in the way that is most helpful for you.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Because of my personal and professional experiences and training, I am able to offer support to people with Asperger's syndrome and family members impacted by this diagnosis.
I have had a significant health crisis which has given me additional insight and empathy if you are facing this kind of challenge.
I am also trained in spiritual accompaniment.
My standard rate is £35 for a 50 minute session.
It's really important that you choose the counsellor who is right for you so I offer an initial assessment session which can last up to 50 minutes and costs £20.
This will give us time to get a sense of how we might best work together and see if it feels right for you before deciding if you would like to come for counselling. It also gives us a chance to consider whether counselling is the right support for you at this time.
I can offer some fee reductions to the standard session so please do ask if you would find it difficult to pay the full rate.
Testimonials from previous clients
"Joanna has been a very good listener and has always been a great help in making me aware of myself. She has helped me to understand my feelings and emotions."
"Just talking through my problems with an independant person was very beneficial."
"Has helped me enormously at a very difficult time. Has helped me to value myself more."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently available 9-5 Monday, Tuesday 9-12. and Wednesday 9-3
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|