- I have worked as counsellor for 9 years and in that time I have seen the benefits of building a therapeutic alliance with my clients. As I say to my clients, “I don’t have the answer to your problems, but I do have tools (skills) to enable you to find the answer that is within you. I work from home and offer a comfortable setting where we will not be disturbed. I charge £10 for the initial session and during that time we will explore what it is that has brought you for counselling, explain how we can work together and most importantly find out if I am the right counsellor for you.
- I do not see counselling as a job but a vocation. I feel so passionate about it that I made the decision to resign from my permanent post with the NHS, when the ward manager understandably, could no longer accommodate my shift pattern to fit in with my work as a part-time counsellor. I have seen the lives of my clients turned around and know without a doubt that counselling is what I’m made for.
I work creatively at times as I appreciate how difficult it can be to put words to a traumatic event in your life, or to be able to ventilate verbally the mixed emotions you may be going through.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Counselling Level 4
Post Graduate Certificate in Therapy with Children and Families
Advanced Certificate in Counselling for Depression – Nice approved for IAPT
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- So as to give people the opportunity to make an informed choice about whether the counselling approach I use is going to suit them, the initial consultation is £10.
- My standard fee is £30 for a one hour counselling session, but I will negotiate a reduced fee if necessary for students or those on a lower income.
If we both feel counselling is appropriate, and that we can work together, I would draw up a contract for us both to sign. We would discuss a likely timescale for our work at the initial meeting, and regularly review the progress being made, as our work progresses.
To be effective, counselling requires commitment from both client and counsellor, and some sessions may be challenging or painful. A contract may cover just a few weeks, or continue over several months, according to the issues a client brings, and the depth and amount of work they want to do. I do not promise "quick fix" solutions, but aim to help people to make fundamental changes which will be of lasting benefit in their life. I offer all my clients my full commitment to the work we will do together to bring these about - however long this takes.
I am available for counselling Monday to Friday between 9.30 am and 8 pm.
Please email or Text me to arrange initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have appointments available Monday - Friday including evenings.
Types of client